Too much stuff.

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
66D9447A-6F96-493E-8986-14E67B61B429.jpg
How can you accumulate so much stuff in one boat? This wasn’t even all of it.

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Only one can of bug spray and one sunscreen? I thought it was a law that you had to have at least 3 of each that were between 5 and 1 year old.

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
pffft... you call that a lot of stuff?

#rookie
this made me chuckle a bit. By the time my dad was my age he amassed a fleet of at least 30 coffee cans of screws and assorted nuts and bolts, I have none. I feel that I’ve failed at life

- - - Updated - - -

Only one can of bug spray and one sunscreen? I thought it was a law that you had to have at least 3 of each that were between 5 and 1 year old.
Considering that I don’t use sunscreen or bug spray I’m shocked it was even in the boat. I’ve no idea where it came from.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like it's time for a second boat.
I already have two boats. Three seems a bit over kill but it’s a possibility.

thriller1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Organizational skills lacking a bit? Maybe. Too much stuff? No.

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
"this made me chuckle a bit. By the time my dad was my age he amassed a fleet of at least 30 coffee cans of screws and assorted nuts and bolts"

I have the same problem as your dad AND you have, only worse. No boat to store it in!! I retired last year and finally got the nuts and bolts organized. Not sure my wife likes my storage areas for all the fishing gear but it too is organized. It wasn't the other day she finally admitted (I thought i heard her say it) that I need a boat to store my f##$^*^$* (fishing) gear in.

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
"this made me chuckle a bit. By the time my dad was my age he amassed a fleet of at least 30 coffee cans of screws and assorted nuts and bolts"

I have the same problem as your dad AND you have, only worse. No boat to store it in!! I retired last year and finally got the nuts and bolts organized. Not sure my wife likes my storage areas for all the fishing gear but it too is organized. It wasn't the other day she finally admitted (I thought i heard her say it) that I need a boat to store my f##$^*^$* (fishing) gear in.
This sounds like an open invitation to buy a boat!! I’ll help you shop!!! I need to make a trip to MN to look at a different warrior we could turn it into a week long trip so you can shop too.

- - - Updated - - -

Organizational skills lacking a bit? Maybe. Too much stuff? No.
I’d say organized to well. I didn’t even know I had that much stuff in the boat. Plus the tote of small stuff I took out before the picture.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
this made me chuckle a bit. By the time my dad was my age he amassed a fleet of at least 30 coffee cans of screws and assorted nuts and bolts, I have none. I feel that I’ve failed at life

No, you're winning. Trust me. When my grandparents on dad's side moved out of their home and into assisted living, we had to go through a metric shit-ton of mismatched bolts, nuts, washers, screws, nails -- basically every fastening device known to man -- that were "organized" in no fewer than 50 metal coffee cans.

You know where they all went? The dump.

gonefshn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hey Skeeter, I think your wife hacked your Nodak account!

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't have one-half of the stuff you have in the photos, yet I FEEL like I'm stuffed at the gills. My problem is that I rarely 100% of the time put things away. Some gets put away, and some don't... by the end of summer I get to a point where (like LAST NIGHT) I look at two garages (attached and detached) and know I have a couple of rain days ahead of me to get organized. Gawd, I'm not looking forward making 132 trips from one garage to the other to move things into its proper place just so I can start all over again in April 2020!

#CalgonTakeMeAway #NeedProfessionalHelp #SingleGuysCanOrganizeToo

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Never have too much stuff. After a long winter my home office looks like Dakota Bait and Tackel with all the stuff I make on those storm days. Then I give a lot away over the spring and summer, all I ask is to report back on how it worked.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Skeeter if you think that is a lot of stuff you make me feel pretty good at this point. Then again it could be that my organizational skills have slipped a little the last few years. Really not looking forward to the farm shop with all of dads accumulations over the years.

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Skeeter if you think that is a lot of stuff you make me feel pretty good at this point. Then again it could be that my organizational skills have slipped a little the last few years. Really not looking forward to the farm shop with all of dads accumulations over the years.
When Dad had his auction after he moved off the ranch it was painful to get everything ready to sell. He kept every fan belt and radiator hose he ever replaced. “ just let in case he always said”. The cans of nuts and bolts were endless

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
thats only the rods and life vest --- what about the 20 boxes of cranks, jig boxes, jiggen rap box, spinner boxes, bottom bouncer boxes, rig box, and then you got a fool like me still carrying bass shit around - spinner bait box, chatterbait box..... list goes on -- I think it does get to a point where you have so much shit you really are in inefficient on the water. I have two rod lockers one up the middle and one on the side. I basically reach in and grab the first rod i can get it and hope its my favorite. If its not i dont want to dig. Say the wind is blowing and i want to tie off to slip bobber -- then thats a hassle - naw lets keep trolling. one of those things where you really should but you dont want to dig for a rope. 80-20 -- you use 20% of your shit and 80 just takes up room I find myself in that situation. The guys that can pack for a trip - i think they are much more efficient than me that trys to put every damn thing into the boat.

Biggest crisis is when you can find a huggy for your beer --- you have 6 of them in the boat - but you have to go through each compartment to find one.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
When you cannot find a pair of sunglasses, but there is 4 pair in the boat.

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have one of those neck snakes, where you soak it in water and it helps keep your body temp down on those hot days. I have it in the cubby hole but when that day comes and you NEED to put it on... NAHHH, I'm fine. I don't think it's ever been used the 8 years I've owned the damn thing. BUT, I HAVE ONE!

Which container is the "X" in? Go without and let's keep fishing.... I'll use it next time!

Change all the rigs and put that gear away because the wind comes up. Then, I'll have to pull out a drift sock and work with new tactics. NAHHHH, just struggle to work with what I've got and I might still catch a few fish.

The day I need the bimini top up because it's 90-degrees, do I unzip the thing and get it erected? NO. I keep fishing and end up melting like an ice cube on a cow patty!

Why do us guys go through this time of procrastination or laziness??? ;:;blahblah

Last edited:

v193

Founding Member
Founding Member
add about 8 crank rods and 14 plano boxes and you will be there

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
We as outdoors persons need all the stuff we have and need to look for more. I hate needing something and don't have it damn got to buy more just saying:} guywhousetohavestuff I seen somewhere you were sell some of your stuff to get more stuff?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 115
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74