Colt Suspending Production of AR-15's for civilians

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
That should send my old Colts prices through the roof

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
The biggest military in the world is your civilians isn’t that why we have the 2nd amendment? To defend ourselves when governments go tyranical? Savage and other modern day sorting rifle companies are smiling.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
PFFFFTTT!! Good for them. Colt apparently needs a change of leadership anyway. Bunch of KNOTHEADS!!! They, like walmart, are just taking revenue from their pockets and putting it into someone else's. That someone will fill the demand for AR's and colt will watch their profits dwindle. Lots of good AR's out there that don't have "Colt" stamped on the side and they will laugh all the way to the bank over colts stupidity.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
As much as we want to say "they're overpriced" or "they weren't that special anyway," I'm worried that they're the tip of the iceberg of gun companies bending the knee.

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
Get another company, or two, to follow suit and those in current inventory will definitely go up in value. It's just the simple economics of supply & demand!

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMO there are so many other companies making AR's now that it probably just isn't as profitable as it used to be. I''m not too concerned.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Colt hasn’t been a household name since the revolver of the 1800’s lol. No great loss for sure. Must be getting heat from liberal cities and states that buy a shit load of colt stuff. But now they stand to loose the business in red states. Oh well see ya later

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
Colt hasn’t been a household name since the revolver of the 1800’s lol. No great loss for sure. Must be getting heat from liberal cities and states that buy a shit load of colt stuff. But now they stand to loose the business in red states. Oh well see ya later

Well, they're based out of Hartford, CT. If that isn't a deep blue state I don't know what is...

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had a couple of Colt 1911. They were very poor in accuracy. Maybe they would have made ok hammers.

We can only hope someone else gets the gov contract next time it's up for renewal. Part of the swamp.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 115
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74