More bailouts?

watson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Heard on the radio today that now the welfare payments given to the farmers are greater than what the govt gave to the auto makers?? Are you fricken kidding me? Just going to keep dumping the money before election to buy votes

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
Heard on the radio today that now the welfare payments given to the farmers are greater than what the govt gave to the auto makers?? Are you fricken kidding me? Just going to keep dumping the money before election to buy votes

Are you f’n stupid ? Farmers are having one of the worst years ever they need everything they get and still many will be having sales

watson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Then you are seeing different farms than the ones I am. I haven't seen any in this part of the state that had to skip this year on the new truck or suburban, not a one I talked to didn't spend the weekends at the lake home, and not a one has cancelled the upcoming vacations. I've stopped listening to the whining and simply started observing and haven't seen the hard times you hear about

reddevilwoodsman

Established Member
Then you are seeing different farms than the ones I am. I haven't seen any in this part of the state that had to skip this year on the new truck or suburban, not a one I talked to didn't spend the weekends at the lake home, and not a one has cancelled the upcoming vacations. I've stopped listening to the whining and simply started observing and haven't seen the hard times you hear about

Same Here

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’ve seen them first hand I don’t farm but have close friends and relatives that do and it’s real bad right now

westwolfone

Founding Member
Founding Member
Both sides are right :)

When times are bad and some farmers are selling out, it becomes an oppurtunity for other farmers to expand their operations.

The bigger they get the more recession proof they are.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well I’d rather see it go to Americans than the Iranians. So there’s that...

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
It’s not all doom and gloom. Ive been helping a guy combine for the past few weeks. Record yields. 65/70 bushel durum. We got about 1/4 of it picked up before the rains hit. Beautiful quality. Just making bank on it. After the rain there was substantial damage. $2.50 a bushel for feed quality. That sounds bad but that’s half market price but they have double the normal yield. So it’s an average year at the very least. If you got a bunch in before the rain it’s gravy. Now on top of that some will get insurance to boot. It’s all gonna depend on how your policy is written. Some I’ve talked to will get $45 an acre on top of what they bring in. So they’re gonna be just fine. But no doubt the tax payers will also be helping out

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think this will be like former times. China will purchase from Brazil or someone else. They don't have enough beans so they buy From us to fill China's order. It's all about China saving face, but she will buy our beans directly or indirectly. The ag support is simply to keep farmers from turning on Trump.

Trump is between a rock and a hard spot, which is China and farmers. if your going to give in to political blackmail you may as well keep the money at home.

Last edited:

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
China's about to cave IMO. Trump is gonna win this trade war and we'll all be better off because of it. Farmers might be feeling the pain now but every other business has been feeling it for the last 30 years. It's about time someone did something about it.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
NDSportsman your spot on. This is a temporary pain if at all, but in the end farmers will benefit.

I told my wife that Trump needs to better relationship with India. Start more trade with India and let China wither without our trade. China likes to flex muscle and threaten. Tell them to straighten out or we will send them into economic collapse.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75