What are you listening to these days?

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think that's the song that was playing when Conan was in James Earl Jones' castle and killed the giant snake.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
How 'bout Elvis. Went to grade school in the 50's and grew up on Elvis. I think he is/was the best singer range and projection wise for 20 years. Here's one that really shows his voice off.

Lord you gave me a mountain:

Last edited:

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Roy Orbison and Friends: A Black and White Night

The special consisted of a performance of many of Orbison's hits at the then Ambassador Hotel's Coconut Grove nightclub in Los Angeles, filmed on September 30, 1987, approximately fourteen months before his death. Three songs, "Blue Bayou", "Claudette", and "Blue Angel", were filmed but not included in the original broadcast due to time constraints.
Other celebrity admirers of Orbison were in the audience, including David Lynch, Billy Idol, Patrick Swayze, Billy Bob Thornton, Sandra Bernhard and Kris Kristofferson. The backing band was the TCB Band, which accompanied Elvis Presley from 1969 until his death in 1977: Glen Hardin on piano, James Burton on lead guitar, Jerry Scheff on bass, and Ronnie Tutt on drums. Male background vocalists, some of whom also joined in on guitar, were Bruce Springsteen, Tom Waits, Elvis Costello, Jackson Browne, J.D. Souther and Steven Soles. The female background vocalists were k.d. lang, Jennifer Warnes and Bonnie Raitt. During the end credits, several of the band members are shown talking about how Orbison influenced them.

- - - Updated - - -

The Jazz Singer is a 1980 American musical drama film directed by Richard Fleischer and produced by Jerry Leider. The film stars Neil Diamond (in his acting debut), Sir Laurence Olivier and Lucie Arnaz, and tells the story of a young singer who is torn between tradition and pursuing his dreams as a pop singer. Based on the 1925 play of the same name by Samson Raphaelson.

- - - Updated - - -

I grew up on Elvis and the Beatles in the 50's and 60's. After Viet Nam I started listening to what is commonly called "Classic Rock." Foreigner (saw them several tomes), Journey (saw them several times), Kansas (saw them) The Bee Gees (saw them, great show) The Righteous Brothers (saw them many times), Bob Seger, CCR, The Doors, REO Speedwagon (saw them several times), The Rolling Stones (never saw them), Simon and Garfunkel (saw them), Styx (saw them several times), The Eagles (saw them), Moody Blues (saw them many times and went backstage and met the band twice), and so on and so on. In the 80's we saw Willy Nelson in a (big) bar in SJ and then later in the Montgomery Theater that seats maybe 2500.

In the SFO, Oakland and San Jose area there were many opportunities to see national music groups. Add in South Lake Tahoe and Reno that were 3 to 4 hours away and we had lots of opportunities to see good music.

From all that I believe the BEST Classic Rock singer is/was Steve Perry from Journey. The greatest range and projection of anybody in the above groups. Here is one of his best:

- - - Updated - - -

Who wouldn't listen to this. The instrumental is one of three that The Bellagio in Vegas play for their fountain show. Unfortunately Andrea Bocelli had an accident in his youth and is blind. They act very close but are not married.

- - - Updated - - -

Susan Boyle: Britain's Got Talent 2009. Great voice, range and projection. Simon Cowell is just dumb founded!!!

Somebody post something. I'm trying to post another video and it will only add it to my previous post and NDA will only accept 5 videos on a post and NDA will not make my post a new post, so NDA will not accept my new post. "V" need your help!!!

Going to bed/sleep ... I've drowned my SIOUX sorrows in Crown Royal!!!

It let me post Freddie Mercury in a new post. All is forgiven.

Last edited:

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Freddie Mercury - lead singer for Queen (unfortunately we never saw them)

Freddie Mercury … born Farrokh Bulsara; 5 September 1946 – 24 November 1991) was a British singer, songwriter, record producer, and lead vocalist of the rock band Queen. Regarded as one of the greatest singers in the history of rock music, he was known for his flamboyant stage persona and four-octavevocal range. Mercury defied the conventions of a rockfront man, with his highly theatrical style influencing the artistic direction of Queen.
Born in 1946 in Zanzibar to Parsi-Indian parents, he attended English-style boarding schools in India from the age of eight and returned to Zanzibar after secondary school. In 1964, his family fled the Zanzibar Revolution, moving to Middlesex, England. Having studied and written music for years, he formed Queen in 1970 with guitarist Brian May and drummer Roger Taylor. Mercury wrote numerous hits for Queen, including "Killer Queen", "Bohemian Rhapsody", "Somebody to Love", "We Are the Champions", "Don't Stop Me Now", and "Crazy Little Thing Called Love". His charismatic stage performances often saw him interact with the audience, as displayed at the 1985 Live Aid concert. He also led a solo career and served as a producer and guest musician for other artists.
Mercury died in 1991 at age 45 due to complications from AIDS. He confirmed the day before his death that he had contracted the disease, having been diagnosed in 1987. Mercury had continued to record with Queen following his diagnosis, and he was posthumously featured on the band’s final album, Made in Heaven (1995). In 1992, his tribute concert was held at Wembley Stadium. His career with Queen was dramatised in the 2018 biopic Bohemian Rhapsody.
As a member of Queen, Mercury was posthumously inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Famein 2001, the Songwriters Hall of Famein 2003, and the UK Music Hall of Fame in 2004. In 1990, he and the other Queen members were awarded the Brit Award for Outstanding Contribution to British Music, and one year after his death Mercury was awarded it individually. In 2005, Queen were awarded an Ivor Novello Award for Outstanding Song Collection from the British Academy of Songwriters, Composers, and Authors. In 2002, Mercury ranked number 58 in the BBC's poll of the 100 Greatest Britons.

Last edited:

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I still listen to Colt and the kids. This one was funny because some snowflake raised a stink about Bellamy's acting and claimed she was making fun of old people. It got pretty heated, After that they closed the comments.

Sina and her friends never get old either. A while back she announced that she was taking a break and going to music school but I see she still posts one here and there. .

Founding Member
Founding Member
Saw him this winter in Rapid, sold out show..screw you covid.
Not many guys fishing in videos either..:;:cheers

Last edited:

bucksnbears

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm up in the bigwoods of Northern MN.a 3 day torture chamber. The only station I get is NPR. Insane stupidity!

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm up in the bigwoods of Northern MN.a 3 day torture chamber. The only station I get is NPR. Insane stupidity!

LOL, can't be as bad as central nebraska and the one am station "hog report"...Hey curious,is your bait getting hit? getting bear reports of alot of naucturnal activeity lately.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well that’s just your opinion man.
2FC2C8ED-77C0-4486-A646-A0DE545FB105.jpeg
Either way, mark it zero.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
There are some terrible songs posted here.

Take this.

- - - Updated - - -

What ya got ? Please don't GST us.

- - - Updated - - -

Since you started such a low blow club , I nominate You .

- - - Updated - - -

I should have said challenge you. Play a good song and let us judge.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Since you started such a low blow club , I nominate You .

- - - Updated - - -

I should have said challenge you. Play a good song and let us judge.

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 161
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84