What are you listening to these days?

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m 74 going on 75. I grew up on 50’s music. Favorite group was Paul Revere and the Raiders. Then The King, ELVIS became popular. He is still my favorite singer of all time. I grew to like the Beatles in the 60’s when in college. Then listened to all of the classic rock and roll bands.

We were able to see most of the popular rock bands when they appeared here in the SF Bay Area or in Reno/Tahoe. Still like Journey music with Steve Perry and Foreigner with Lou Gramm. Moody Blues was one of our favorites in the 80’s and 90’s. Probably saw them in concert 25 times or more and got back stage twice – once to meet the whole band and the second time to talk to John Lodge. Saw the Everly Bros. at the Paul Mason Mtn. Winery and was able to lean waaay back in my chair and put my feet on the stage. Saw Willy Nelson at a bar here in San Jose, The Saddle Rack.

What I’m getting at is that I still stick to my roots of mostly classic rock and roll. I have not heard of any of the music that you guys are listening to. My $.02 to this thread.

You might possibly like Volbeat. The lead singer draws a lot of inspiration from Elvis and johnny cash. Might be a little bit harder rock/metal than you'd like, but may not be a bad idea to check them out

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bounce around a little but here is a few
Steve N Seagulls - Cover band
Dead South
Buddy Brown
Jacob Bryant
Bad Wolves
Blackberry Smoke

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
shocking - he took such great care of himself :;:huh

- - - Updated - - -

what a talent he is/was

- - - Updated - - -

Bad Company was awesome.
Greatest lip-syncing band of all time too! :;:rockit

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
I thought the most popular lip-sync band out there was Milli Vanilli???? Just sayin'...

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Ozzy was diagnosed with Parkinson's...sad day....:(

not to sound crude but I’m pretty sure I could’ve diagnosed him with Parkinson’s like 15 years ago. “Sharon!”

Founding Member
Founding Member
Really hard not to like this one, damn good rock cover.

Last edited:

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Might BookMark this one to listen again: [h=1]The Wreck called Hillary Clinton[/h]

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Here is one I really like.

[h=1]Roy Orbison - Oh, Pretty Woman:[/h]
Roy Orbison performs "Oh, Pretty Woman" as the finale of the Black & White Night Concert. Backed by Bruce Springsteen, Elvis Costello, James Burton, Glen D. Hardin, Tom Waits, kd lang, Jackson Browne, Bonnie Raitt, JD Souther, T Bone Burnett, Steven Soles, and Jennifer Warnes. Recorded September 30, 1987. He died the next year on December 6, 1988. \\

He was an
[FONT=Roboto, Arial, sans-serif]incredible singer/song writer.

[/FONT]<font color="#0d0d0d" face="Roboto, Arial, sans-serif"><span style="white-space: pre-wrap;">[video]https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=roy+orbison+pretty+woman[/video]

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Last edited:

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The weather report for how much snow we are getting. Political bullshit and how much I "MAY" save by changing my Medicare Ins. Should just shut the TV off until next year. My ears hurt.

Founding Member
Founding Member
They kind of nail whats going on in this crazy world in 2020.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74