West bound migration! Wow!

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
So at noon hour today I had to make a little trip east bound on Hiway 2 from Devils Lake to Lakota. Wow..were there trucks towing hunting boats, kayaks, canoes, SXS in the west bound lane!! Mostly blue plates.. I counted 33 different rigs in that 26 miles stretch from DL to Lakota...33 rigs seen in 1/2 hour!
Wow..just wow.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Discovery Channel has "Shark Week". We're about to experience "Retard Week".

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have never understood their obsession with duck boats. Can someone explain? I’ve hunted a few times out of one and it sucks balls. If hunting water just give me waders a dozen dekes and a mojo. Much more fun, and easier to hide.

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
it seem's all there is anymore is just shit ducks

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have never understood their obsession with duck boats. Can someone explain? I’ve hunted a few times out of one and it sucks balls. If hunting water just give me waders a dozen dekes and a mojo. Much more fun, and easier to hide.
because in MN where they hunt the water is too deep for waders. A good chunk of the duck hunting is don’t up on the rainy river system.

1bigfokker

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just another invasive species. I don't mean zebra mussels.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
We used to call it the Duck Boat Parade over on nodakoutdoors! Say good bye to all the ducks on the roost this weekend. They will be in SD by Monday.

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member

Baby boomers & Gen X

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
i have a duck boat 16 foot with a canvas blind, i like to use it on dvl. going to shoot some nice cans this year i hope

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gonna be easy pickins for the no trespass crowd with torn up section lines and field ruts with all this wet weather. Not solely blaming NR, just bad timing with a lot of people out and about.

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yearly reminder: Don't park on the got damn field approaches and pull over for machinery.

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
74DFBE4E-B397-400B-85F7-5AF9364AA3E4.jpgAD0B3C2F-3668-428A-BCBB-FE34803A6CF3.jpg
Kids and I hunted a field and didn’t hear or see another hunter this morn. We had hundreds of ducks landing on us. We could have stayed and shot my limit of geese but heavy rain and 35 degrees wasn’t ideal for little kids. So I shot a limit of mallards in 5 mins and packed up

bucksnbears

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's awesome!
I remember about 5 years ago on Fishing Buddy there was a thread about ALL the MN folks robbing ND ducks.
I was going on a coyote calling trip I think the first week in October.
I arrived at Hurdsfield at sunup and basically took gravel all the way to Minot where my brother lives at dark.
I think I seen ONE group of duck hunters all day.
Then we spent 2 full days after coyotes and never seen a soul after waterfowl. Potholes were LOADED with birds.
I've spent Many hours in Nodak during waterfowl season and can't say I've ever seen invasion;:;popcorn

bigv

Founding Member
Founding Member
There is 100% invasion of my area all year round with fishing. Nuts. I have to admit....it is annoying. I wish we'd limit licenses etc.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's awesome!
I remember about 5 years ago on Fishing Buddy there was a thread about ALL the MN folks robbing ND ducks.
I was going on a coyote calling trip I think the first week in October.
I arrived at Hurdsfield at sunup and basically took gravel all the way to Minot where my brother lives at dark.
I think I seen ONE group of duck hunters all day.
Then we spent 2 full days after coyotes and never seen a soul after waterfowl. Potholes were LOADED with birds.
I've spent Many hours in Nodak during waterfowl season and can't say I've ever seen invasion;:;popcorn

Very few places to stay in that country. Make a drive from Oakes to Ashley to Gackle, jog over to Carrington, wander your way up towards Lakota and tell me how many there aren't.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 101
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 67