Tomato juice recipe

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have some ripe tomatoes that I would like to make fresh juice with. Anyone got a good recipe they would like to share? Thanks.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Google "Bloody Mary". You might find something you like there. (Grin)

Seriously though, I bounced this off the Mrs. and she said to just mash the tomatoes, strain, then add salt and sugar to taste. The salt to add some flavor and the sugar to hide the bitterness. Careful NOT to over sugar it. She mentioned a 1/3 sugar 2/3 salt ratio. Like 1/2 tsp sugar and 1 tsp salt to a gallon of juice to start with and go from there. Good Luck!!

Timbuk-2

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like to add some celery, peppers, and carrots to the tomatos, cook them together to make a V8 type juice, then run through a food mill to remove the seeds and skins. Salt to taste.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
So I had 2 recipes I kind of fallowed. Had 4 3/4 quarts of juice after processing. added 5/8 cup sugar, 1 1/2 TBS celery salt, 2tsp each of onion and garlic powder, 1tsp each of pepper and kosher salt. Brought this to a slight simmer and let set until cool. I figured if someone wants more salt it can be added in the glass when drinking it.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75