Broken Elk Horn Taxidermist Recommendations

Big Iron

Founding Member
Founding Member
I shot a busted 6 point bull in 2012. At the time I thought- no big deal, I'll kill a bigger one in a few years.

After going on a WY Elk hunt this fall, I realized it might take a lifetime to get one bigger than that 2012 bull.

I'm looking for recommendations on taxidermists that have the capacity to fabricate the missing piece of the busted horn. Ideally located in a 100 mile radius of Fargo- but willing to go a good distance for a quality shop. Thanks for any input.

Busted Elk Horn.jpg

Chas'n Tail

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've seen Frenchy's Taxidermy do some good work with reproduction mounts. It's a drive but might be worth it.

Srputz

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would leave it. Classy and shows he was a fighter
just my two cents

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd leave it alone too, character counts.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Two suggestions. First, I would google the process to fix antlers and see if you even like the look of the results. Second, I'd reconsider changing anything. When people ask about it, you will probably say the one side was broke and you fixed it, which may or may not appeal to them. Kind of like showing people a championship ring and then telling them you didn't actually play in the game. Either way, Great Bull!! Congratulations!!

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree with the others and say leave it. That's the way he was when you shot him right? Why would you want a manufactured trophy? If that was the case why shoot it in the first place and just go buy a mount. Just my opinion...

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think it looks nice just the way it is, means more IMO. It’s like mounting a 29” walleye then 3 years later getting a replica of a 30” made. I’ve been on 3 do it yourself hunts in Montana and have failed every time. I’d be happy with that mount you have.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 161
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76