Elevator Fraud

IndigenousWalleye78

Honored Member
So, am I the only one who would be waiting to knee cap this kid the minute he gets released if I was one of his victims? I sincerely feel for the families he hurt with this scheme.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I find it odd that these hard working large farmers would get duped be this young kid. He must have had a hell of a sales pitch, and trusting personality.

BP338

Founding Member
Founding Member
I find it odd that these hard working large farmers would get duped be this young kid. He must have had a hell of a sales pitch, and trusting personality.

That's exactly what I thought too. In a world laden with schemes, you'd think they'd be a lot more cautious. I guess maybe their trust was in the fact that he's from ND...?

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
i realize his business plan wasn't exactly a recipe for success and it sounds like he was bound to fail eventually anyway. but, what confuses me about this... and i didn't read the most recent article... is that he somehow managed to lose or spend 20 million in a matter of a couple of years?! that's real tough to do. lets say his business model was doomed to lose 5 or 10%, there should still be a bunch of grain, cash and/or assets someplace to distribute to these poor souls. no?

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
criminal genius

likely a sociopath

this will NOT be his last crime - this psycho lives for the con

- - - Updated - - -

and he’s good at it... yikes

Pheasant 54

★★★ Legendary Member
I have read a couple articles where they stated they never met him, it was done over the phone and emails .

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
What I don’t get about these guys is how they think it won’t blow up on them or they won’t get caught. You have to have a major screw loose somewhere.

Pheasant 54

★★★ Legendary Member
They don't care , it is all about them. Watch American Greed sometime , they are all over the country , a lot of them even get their own families money.

What grinds my gears is the sentencing includes restitution - really - no one will ever see a dime

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
They don't care , it is all about them. Watch American Greed sometime , they are all over the country , a lot of them even get their own families money.

What grinds my gears is the sentencing includes restitution - really - no one will ever see a dime

Restitution: It may keep him from ever having a dime to his name when he gets out. Don't know anything about bankruptcy so not sure if he could get the restitution removed or not. Any lawyers among us that are up to speed about things like this.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
with the elevator manager that spent all his embezzled money on Africa hunting, this ki,d and McMartin farms there seems to be a lot of fraud and embezzling in the ag business.

IndigenousWalleye78

Honored Member
The real rub of this is that there are most likely coffee cans buried all over so the restitution aspect would be useless. Still, its a cautionary tales as old as time. If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't forget about this feedlot owner that was selling the same cattle to different people and then charging them for feeding them in his feedlot.

https://www.agweek.com/business/agr...ced-180-days-nd-bad-check-charge-cattle-fraud

Sad part is the people who do this will get a short jail sentence or be released early, be sentenced to pay restitution but in no way will they ever pay back even a small percentage of the money they stole. They could have that money hid away as cash somewhere just waiting for them when they get out of jail in 6 months.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
About 10 years ago a young man hit one of my vehicles as he came out of a ditch. Minor damage but he was ordered to pay restitution. Still waiting. My experience was the judge ordered the restitution but failed to demand a payment schedule.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74