October 2019 Snowpocalypse

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
now it is getting with it 4 or so inches in the last few hours and wet sloppy shit

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
My body is ready. Let’s get this shit started.

Where’s Nean Delson with the weather models?

DB812155-07DA-42D4-BF75-797C9A30E18C.jpg

Don't understand a single word this weather model is saying but who really cares
https://youtu.be/Jd2VTm1e5CA

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looks like Allen was spot on his forcast....good job Allen

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed...holy hanna hot minx....whocares if I don't understand spanish,video is in english.....say cheese you hot minx....

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looks like the heaviest snowfall has tightened up a little and is now leaving Bismarck area with a little less snow in this first round, and a lot less snow in the second round. This is actually pretty normal IMHO where the closer one gets to the actual event, the footprint gets a little smaller.

Nonetheless, the James R. basin and points north are still on track to getting whacked in ugly fashion!

And yes, that Mexican gal is smoking!

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
ha ha

unlike people - birds have retained their senses and other than windows, oil pits, and decoys... they don’t often make bad decisions

Well, not EXACTLY true. I once saw a pelican trying to eat a too-big pike. I could be wrong, but it looked like the head was hanging out of it's ass, while the tail was still sticking out of it's mouth.

I drove by again later that afternoon, and the bird musta been tired. He was laying down.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maybe his coworker REALLY hates those fuckin birds.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran 11 miles on Monday and 8 miles today (Wednesday). The next few days could create an interesting running experience, although it’s unlikely we’ll retain any white stuff in Little Mogadishu.

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed. This event will henceforth be the “Big Wet One.”

I like the "Big Wet One", but maybe instead of snowpocalypse, it should just be snow-prolapse.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Getting a weathermans grab bag here in VC. Snow, sleet, rain, hail, mist, and fog all at the same time, then any combination of the aforementioned, then nothing, and then repeat at random intervals. The only constant is the wind. Nothing unusual here, move along.

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I am already looking forward to the October 2020 Snowpocalypse.

nybs

Honored Member
Sorry I didn’t get this idea out to you guys earlier.

Just don’t forget and then run the blower next day...exploding light beer and shrapnel wouldn’t be fun in...

- - - Updated - - -

Unintentional cliff hanger sorry. Just wouldn’t be fun....

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
⚠️⚠️ IMPORTANT INFORMATION ⚠️⚠️
⚠️⚠️ particularly for Devils Lake ⚠️⚠️
⚠️⚠️ Basin and James River Valley ⚠️⚠️

It is not often we message impacts this severe, however given our increased confidence in extreme snow amounts we feel it is warranted. Those within the highest impacted areas (Devils Lake Basin into the James River Valley of North Dakota) prepare for several days of impossible travel and the chance of being snowed in. This could develop into a very serious situation.

❄️❄️ Forecast event snowfall total (Thursday through Saturday) ranges 1-3+ FEET ..we repeat FEET.. within the Devils Lake Basin through the James River Valley of North Dakota. This is where crippling winter impacts are expected. Further east into the Red River Valley and portions adjacent to the Valley within Minnesota, snowfall amounts are a bit more uncertain as this is dependent on the timing of transition from rain to snow. The quicker the transition, the more likely higher amounts are seen. Thus the Red River Valley should prepare for the possibility of seeing around 1 foot or more of snow. Deeper into Minnesota, little snowfall is expected. ❄️❄️

���� Wind gusts will also range between 40-60 mph within eastern North Dakota. Within the Red River Valley, 30-45 mph are expected. Lesser winds are expected within central Minnesota. Snow will combine with highest winds to create blizzard conditions. ����

Devils Lake basin and James River Valley: Crippling winter impacts are expected within the pink highlighted area particularly Friday through at least Saturday. Prepare for impossible travel for several days with lingering disruptions to travel expected through at least the weekend. Heavy snow rates and 40-60 mph wind gusts will create whiteout conditions. The extreme amounts of snowfall (1-3+ feet) will combine with high winds to promote large, impassable snow drifts. Prepare for power outages as well as tree and structural damage from heavy snow load. Disruptions to agricultural and livestock activities are also expected.

Red River Valley and adjacent locations within Minnesota: Significant winter and water impacts are expected. Rain will to transition to snow this afternoon into tonight within the Red River Valley, including Grand Forks and Fargo. This area holds the possibility of seeing very difficult to impossible travel, localized power outages and tree damage from heavy snow and gusty winds particularly on Friday into Saturday. Additionally excessive rainfall may cause ponding of water and rises on local rivers. Both snow and rain is expected to disrupt agricultural and livestock activities.

North-central Minnesota: Impacts expected deeper within Minnesota where mostly rain is expected with an eventual transition to snow closer to Friday or Saturday. Possible excessive rainfall may cause ponding of water (further impacted by leaves plugging storm drains) and rises on local rivers. After rain transitions to snow, hazardous travel is possible if snow accumulates on roadways.

Stay safe.

For latest forecast updates and information: weather.gov/fgf

Updated: 3 PM October 10

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I may be sticking my foot in my mouth. Felt good to vent though

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 135
  • This month: 127
  • This month: 126