October 2019 Snowpocalypse

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
20191012_130753.jpg
may have miscalculated yesterday. I would consider this an accurate measurement of the snow that didnt melt and is actually on the ground at my place.

20191012_130325.jpg

I am forgiving myself for over exaggerating through cause we've got drifts like this one... 56 inch broom. Buried.

Water content must be off the charts. This stuff is heavy wet with water and slush at the bottom.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
wap.jpg
may have miscalculated yesterday. I would consider this an accurate measurement of the snow that didnt melt and is actually on the ground at my place.

service.jpg

I am forgiving myself for over exaggerating through cause we've got drifts like this one... 56 inch broom. Buried.

Water content must be off the charts. This stuff is heavy wet with water and slush at the bottom.

How deep is it as i can't read the tape? 18?

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Yeah this shit is a nasty fucking mess to move around. Releases at both dams in Jtown are increasing by the minute it seems, a hint of sarcasm, but not much!

Hoping i don't regret buying a house on the river come spring...

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah, if I lived anywhere within sight of a river, I'd be buying flood insurance and moving things to higher ground this fall!

Sheyenne diversion in my neighborhood Thursday after work (before the weather went to shit). And just like that, those special assessments don’t seem so bad after all. #WestFargoisBestFargo

E9D83855-03A2-4718-AC37-F3ACDBE4C4F9.jpg

Last edited:

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sixty years ago on Saturday, October 10, 1959 four of us from Botno went duck hunting in the Gardena/Kramer area and got caught in a snow storm just like this one. The 4 of us and 5 guys from Minot ended up snowed-in at a bachelor farmer's house. He was preparing to leave for Arizona the next week and had cut off his phone service and had hardly any food. (We had ducks we could have cleaned and cooked, but we played penny ante poker instead and ate soup dunked with dried bread.)

We walked 3/4 mile in the blizzard to the closest farm to call our folks and spent Saturday night at his farm house. Highway 5 west from Botno was closed on Saturday afternoon. My cousin and his fiancee had come to the Court House from Westhope to get their marriage license. They had to stay with my folks while we stayed with the farmer and the guys from Minot. Déjà vu all over again, except I'm 60 years older and snowed in at Metigoshe. (Plus I've got plenty of booze and enough food to keep me going!)

I'm a week too late leaving for CA!

Cornice forming. I can't wait to crawl thru the tunnel when both sides meet!!! My own Metigoshe igloo.
IMG_2410.jpg

ps: The cornice collapsed on Sunday with the warm weather, so no Metigoshe igloo!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76