2019 Boat Fishing Season Over or Not?

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
For me, I believe the Fat Lady has began to sing. I took advantage of Friday, played hooky and me and the the kid took the boat out likely for the last time of the year. Unfortunatly, it looks like it's time for winter cleaning and the end of year service. I will say, even on Friday morning, it was cool with the wind blowing off the water, 26 degree air temp, 39 degree water temp, and the wind started at about 10 mph right off the bat at 8am. Really didn't warm up much till almost noon. I guess it's officially time to start chasing roosters (did that on sat and sunday in the wind!)

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
^ Where did you fish Friday? I put in at Sak State Park...ran west. They still had 1 dock in...which was nice. Guess I'll go thru my ice fishing gear this weekend...boat goes into storage Saturday.

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Audubon....and they must've pulled the cabin ramp dock the day before. It was in on Sunday and cabin owner I visited with when we loaded the boat said it was in on thursday when he was fishing. The Toten Trail ramp dock was out the weekend before.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I'm gonna try the river next weekend if the weather holds up. If anyone wants to tag along get ahold of me!

Did you hit the river?

- - - Updated - - -

Audubon....and they must've pulled the cabin ramp dock the day before. It was in on Sunday and cabin owner I visited with when we loaded the boat said it was in on thursday when he was fishing. The Toten Trail ramp dock was out the weekend before.

Gotcha...any luck...what did you have for water temps? Not bad to load/unload without a dock if you have 2 people.

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The cabin ramp is ok without a dock, you can find some sandy shore to pull up to shore east of the ramp but be careful, there are plenty of rocks scattered around. I made it in and out by myself without to much issue. If you've never launched or fished out of that ramp, be aware, there are some sunken islands just below the water surface between the ramp and getting out onto the main lake, just a heads up. Fishing wise, it was slow for us. We were targeting pike and muskie. Did much better the previous Sunday. Water temp was +-40 degrees.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's never over here, unless it stays below 0 for a long time........... the tail race is usually open. Its been a few years now but one year I fished the race 28 times from the end of December to the end of March. Boat is in the garage ready to use.

3geese4me

Honored Member
It's never over here, unless it stays below 0 for a long time........... the tail race is usually open. Its been a few years now but one year I fished the race 28 times from the end of December to the end of March. Boat is in the garage ready to use.

I have National Guard drill this weekend but next weekend I am going out to the tailrace come hell or high water...

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 134
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75