2019 Boat Fishing Season Over or Not?

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
So who has winterized and put the boat to bed till spring? I'm holding out hope for maybe a week of more seasonal temps later in the month. Hope to get out a few more times for some shallow water jigging before the boat gets put to bed.

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
By all means the season is over...I mean think about it, even if the snow stops, it's going to be so cold, who in their right mind would want to go out in that crap. Get those boats put away for the year boys! ;)

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
By all means the season is over...I mean think about it, even if the snow stops, it's going to be so cold, who in their right mind would want to go out in that crap. Get those boats put away for the year boys! ;)

Bite your tongue...nothing wrong with wearing ice gear in the boat!

AaronJ

Founding Member
Founding Member
Boat in heated shop + heavy winter gear means about 6 more weeks of open water on Devils and hopefully extended more with trips to the River and Tailrace....

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I fish the river all winter. Some of my best outings at the tail race happen in December and February

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I fish the river all winter. Some of my best outings at the tail race happen in December and February

If you ever want any company just holler! Only fished the tailrace once in a buddy's boat...would like to learn the nuances at the tailrace a lot more before I take my boat down the river.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mine don’t get winterized, they just take a nap for a bit. I try to make it out late Nov-early Dec and then start the season in mid March again.

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
dont winter boat until can walk on ice and not a minute before. nov is a great month to fish on river.

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you ever want any company just holler! Only fished the tailrace once in a buddy's boat...would like to learn the nuances at the tailrace a lot more before I take my boat down the river.
That maybe could be arranged. I’m by no means a seasoned tailrace rat but I haven’t lost a lower unit. Yet!!!!

Velva_zv21

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Not over for me yet.... headed to the rainy river on the 20th to the 26th... then more than likely fish sak for awhile yet. Coldest temp I've fished in the boat was 20 deg and 15 mph wind, wasn't bad if your dressed for it

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Winterized and put to bed, shined up the shotguns, ‘‘tis that season now.

MSA

Founding Member
Founding Member
What's this "season" you speak of? Theres always open water somewhere.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Not over for me yet.... headed to the rainy river on the 20th to the 26th... then more than likely fish sak for awhile yet. Coldest temp I've fished in the boat was 20 deg and 15 mph wind, wasn't bad if your dressed for it

This being said, think I'll probably try to get out Monday/Tuesday next week...off all week...winds don't look bad as of right now!

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
That’s blasphemy, F U ndfinan! Boats ready to go, there’s more days left and I’m headed to Nipiwan, SK next week for some eye’s. I expect to come back and chase big pike on Sakakawea. GD’m liberals and there democratic ideas tellin me fishin season is over!

- - - Updated - - -

I cried a little when I drove across the embankment yesterday and the truck showed 75 degrees, the water was flat, and 25 or so lucky SOBs we’re out enjoying a beautiful day on the water ��.

Last edited:

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
It’s over for me . 2 ND deer tags and 3 Montana deer tags and a Montana elk tag to fill no time to fish

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
That’s blasphemy, F U ndfinan! Boats ready to go, there’s more days left and I’m headed to Nipiwan, SK next week for some eye’s. I expect to come back and chase big pike on Sakakawea. GD’m liberals and there democratic ideas tellin me fishin season is over!

- - - Updated - - -

I cried a little when I drove across the embankment yesterday and the truck showed 75 degrees, the water was flat, and 25 or so lucky SOBs we’re out enjoying a beautiful day on the water ��.

I was one of them SOBs...was fishing along the embankment on the Audubon side Tuesday afternoon...might have been the nicest day of the year!

buckhunter24_7

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not even close to over. I try to fish until December for muskie to pickle,

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105