Pheasant Opener

Perch_herder

Founding Member
Founding Member
My nephew and I had a fun day together today. His Viszla and mine are sisters from the same litter. Shot several on the edges of sloughs where they had to swim through cattails to retrieve. These two dogs continue to amaze me.
FullSizeRender.jpg

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hunted corp land around garrison, shot a few birds but had a couple days I didn't see many roosters

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Minnewaukan, Esmond, Anamoose, Lone Tree, McClusky, Mercer area Saturday and most of Sunday. Shot the gun once. I got one Rooster. 2 buddies didn't shoot their weapon. Obviously didn't see much of anything. Ran into 2 other groups of hunters.. One group of 3 hunters got 2. the other pair of hunters got 2 as well. Lots and lots and lots and lots of standing crop yet. We did see a smallish bull moose standing just outside of some corn north of Antelope lake if someone is still looking for a moose in that area.

Pheasant 54

★★★ Legendary Member
Two of us hunted SW ND Saturday , Very tough to say the least , we ended up with 3 , saw a total of 8 roosters and only 2 hens . This is pretty good stuff ,grain, crp, water, everything they need . To put it in perspective in 2016 we took 120 roosters off this same land in 4 days

bilbo

Honored Member
I hunted SW ND late last week. There were birds around, but seemed like the only opportunity was to bust them off their roost in the morning. After that, they would head for the corn and sunflowers and stay till dark. I didn't even see birds on the road in the evening. Seemed like lots of people around Saturday morning.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hunted SC/SE ND a bit Saturday. I'm not sure why. We walked some primo cover and the dogs pointed two hens. I know there are roosters around -- because you can hear them crowing from the standing corn.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 115
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74