Bloody Nipples

BP338

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks ya'll! I'm happy to say that his nipples actually healed up quick. No blood and no sign of permanent damage ;:;rofl

I think I'm going to buy a vest and some lube (my wife has some coconut oil that she wants to use :eek:).

You guys have some great looking dogs! Makes me want another one! You can't just have one right?! LOL!

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ditto. Was just thinking the same thing. The unstoppable 40 yr old Range Rover, of the dog world.

sadly that's not been the case - he's had two flats (torn ACLs)

now he's better - but I'm afraid to hunt him :;:huh

the thought of him pulling up lame again gives me nausea

★ Legendary Member
I use the skid plate on my GSP as well with great results. The main reason is Blitz is balls out in the field and I like the idea of limiting chances of cutting his breast open on barbed wire, cut sunflowers, etc... Nothing worse then have to deal with a gash/cut that could have been prevented.

duckman1302

Founding Member
Founding Member
I always ran a skid plate. Mine was black cordura on the bottom and blaze orange on his back. That was as much so I could see him easier when he would go on point in tall crp grass as it was for his protection though.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Western dogs must be less apt to being pussies, 3 dogs and 20 yrs later no bloody nipples, no gross bean bags, no stupid vests. Just tough old bird dogs, and thousands of dead cocks
maybe AOC could figure out something for the liberal eastern bitches.

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
more power to you taking your dog ice fishing, the only thing is bait left behind with a hook in it not good. just thought i would throw that out there.

Pheasant 54

★★★ Legendary Member
My son had a beautiful Springer , also balls to the walls when he hunted , he went thru 2 vests in his way to short of lifetime . Every once in a while when he thought he had to jump sheepwire , he would catch the very tip of the vest on the wire and he would end up on his back on the other side. He would get up look around like what the hell just happened and away he would go

BP338

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use the skid plate on my GSP as well with great results. The main reason is Blitz is balls out in the field and I like the idea of limiting chances of cutting his breast open on barbed wire, cut sunflowers, etc... Nothing worse then have to deal with a gash/cut that could have been prevented.

Mine likes to go too. When we first got him he caught a barbwire fence and it hurt him pretty good but not bad enough for bandages or anything. It really would be bad to deal with that in the field.

- - - Updated - - -

Western dogs must be less apt to being pussies, 3 dogs and 20 yrs later no bloody nipples, no gross bean bags, no stupid vests. Just tough old bird dogs, and thousands of dead cocks

What kind of dogs do you run?

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ice fishing fun with a GSP ----

1. they never sit still --- ussually they go hunting and they always kick up a pheasant -- even at devils lake.
2. They are tough to deal with in a house - now my yukon has a zipper to go out the back - my shorthair will sit in the box and you can let her out that door
3. Water -- I remember one foggy AM --- when fishing around new years on a SE lake. I let the shorthair out to run -- had not seen her for a while but i heard her working every piece of shoreline -- anyway the sun was burning through - i look over and see an open water spot in the middle of the lake and guess what a shorthair standing on the edge drinking water.

and that folks a the joy of taking a shorthair ice fishing.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I currently have a 6 yr old GSP. But prior I have only had labs.
much prefer the current dog for upland, but the labs were better with the off season adventures

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
pussy cover out west - just grass and dust

- - - Updated - - -

and they’re done in five minutes out west - while it takes five hours for the Beast from the East to find three of the several dozen that exist in the entire county

Big Iron

Founding Member
Founding Member

Hilarious but misguided

- - - Updated - - -

pussy cover out west - just grass and dust

- - - Updated - - -

and they’re done in five minutes out west - while it takes five hours for the Beast from the East to find three of the several dozen that exist in the entire county

Bingo

BP338

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do we need to have a dog competition? East vs. West? Or is that illegal...:confused: ;:;popcorn

I bet that my dogs nipples will heal faster than yours!

The Office Marathon.jpg

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82