Snowblowers

sierra1995

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bought a lightly used Toro 1128, 28" cut and 11 HP motor three years ago. I have no reason to consider getting something else. It always starts on the first pull. I've had no issues at all. I'd recommend to a fellow NDA'er

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
1984 MTD 28” cut. Pulled it out last week from storage being Dickinson was predicted to get 8”. First pull started up, ran it into the garage, changed oil, and parked right next to the garage door, then we got 1/2 of snow. Haha
point being 35 year old off brand blower, starts better than new ones, put nothing but oil into it, and blows like a whore on crack.
no need to spend $$$.
I bet this blower out lives me.

AaronJ

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bought a new Ariens on Saturday to assist with clearing the snowpocolypse this weekend. Rated high on multiple reviews. I was thoroughly impressed how well it moved the wet and heavy crap. It is replacing a 28 year old MTD that rarely let me down. It just needs a new drive belt. Anyone interested in it for super cheap?

drivenmarine.net

Founding Member
Founding Member
JD, pay the high price once. Bought the 10/32 in 1997. ($2200 then). Have replace 1 drive disc, and yesterday it finally threw a belt. Couple shear pins, regular oil change and greasing. Pretty reliable for that many years.
100' driveway and 300' path up to my shop.
Ariens would be my 2ND choice.

Not sure about the time frame your John Deere was made, but Ariens did make them and paint them green for a while. Very good machines, orange or green. I wouldn't consider buying anything but these two brands.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Deere doesn't sell residential blowers anymore and hasn't for at least 5 years or so. As alluded to above toward the end they weren't Deere they were just re-branded blowers from other manufacturers. It may have been Ariens at one point but i think at the end of the run they were made by Briggs and Stratton.

Last edited:

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Deere doesn't sell residential blowers anymore and hasn't for at least 5 years or so. As alluded to above toward the end they weren't Deere they were just re-branded blowers from other manufacturers. It may have been Ariens at one point but i think at the end of the run they were made by Briggs and Stratton.

When I went to RDO's website they had Ariens units they sell...you are correct.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
well during last winters rath I had to break down in march to purchase a snowblower as my atv plow ran outof room to push snow,did'nt have much choice other than toro late season.buddy in colorado has been using a toro 826 for many years w/o issues
so ridge.jpgI purchased a toro 1028HD(10hp engine) does a okay job on fresh snow but was disappointed moving caked snow from cty plows at my drivway end,need to knock the shit down by hand n shovel to move the heavy crap,machine tends to walk up the pile even in ultra slow granny gear,pic ablove shows what a toro 826 can do moving feet of snow.

my neighbor bought a used deer small tractor for mowing(60" mower) and it also cam with a 26" snow blower,man that sucker works great,the tractor does'nt have a PTO so the blower has a seperate 20hp motor/battery just to run blower,sucker chews up everything,throws it 50+ feet fires right up in sub-zero temps,so thats my take get a rider and mount a snowblower

MuleyMadness

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Just bought a Cub Cadet at Runnings in Dickinson. They had them $100 off. We did alot of research and Cub Cadet, Arians, Craftsman all seemed to have pretty good reviws. The Arians were just a little more than i wanted to pay sitting right next to the Cub Cadets. Whatever you do stay away from as much plastic as possible.

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
I sold an Ariens 5hp that was a good 30yrs old to a guy for $75. Only thing wrong was I could not engage the auger (level in front of the engine) drive. Started fine. The guy told me he has one just like it and wants mine for parts. We were both happy men.

I spent $650 on a used Husqvarna 11hp/32" capacity with pistol grip turning, angle and rotating chute from the back, and a nice big clear protection wall to operate from behind (I hated those 30mph winds right back into my face). It throws the snow a good 50ft and i'll never have to worry about a wall of snow near the sides of my driveway! I believe the machine is 7yrs old and the rope finally snapped last spring. Won't worry about replacing it as I'll just press the button to start then thing from now on.

I need that much blower with a 100' x 26' driveway.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p0VgYHJvAeY

- - - Updated - - -

I have one of these on the way. Now the winter will be open the rest of year so I can't play with my new toy. Still wouldn't be too sad.

I've no experience with riders... but that dude is FLYING and leaving windrows of snow off to the clean side

he now has to make twice as many passes cleaning up the BS :;:huh

Biglunch

Founding Member
Founding Member
snowblowers.jpgwe have been selling the cub cadet blowers for years and customers really like them. the 3 stage works good for the plow ridges. they have a 3 year warranty also. we are down to only a couple but have more on order. if your in the Jamestown area and interested let me know

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
cute, did they give you a fancy sweatshirt with your purchase too.
JK. Looks like you should be able to get the mail

I get a coffee cup and one of those flannel caps with the bean on top. Wave to the neighbors:)

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 134
  • This month: 118
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75