Snowblowers

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
we have been selling the cub cadet blowers for years and customers really like them. the 3 stage works good for the plow ridges. they have a 3 year warranty also. we are down to only a couple but have more on order. if your in the Jamestown area and interested let me know

optical illusion?... or are the 3X all narrower?

Biglunch

Founding Member
Founding Member
you just haven't had enough coffee yet. 3 stage comes in 26" 28" 30" and 34" also can get them with tracks

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
So I just purchased the Cub cadet 3 stage 26in this year, we didn’t get much snow, but the stuff we got was heavy and wet…3 stage blew it like a vegas whore … didn’t plug up once, saw neighbor struggling down the street with 2 stage, only going like 2 feet and stopping and let blower catch up….the 26in has same engine as 28in, my old blower was 28in 8hp….so far after one use the 3 stage is well worth the investment IMO … the large tires, heated grips and metal chute are all bonuses … it also has a trigger feature on each side that allows easy turning. I know a few other brands have the 3 stage but Cub Cadet seems to have the most options in them …

Snapper

I have a John Deere 1130. Bought it used in 2014, never have had an issue with it until this last snow how wet it was. It did plug up till I decided to remove the upper front chute (aluminum piece). After that I had no problems. It’s a bit to handle for older people though. It’s the first and probably my last snowblower I’ll need (cross my fingers). Good luck deciding which one you’ll get. My choices are JD, Ariens and MTD.

sierra1995

Founding Member
Founding Member
A tip in the family handyman magazine a few years back, is to take cooking spray and spray the inside of your snow blower at the beginning of the season. spray down the chute and all surfaces in and out and you won't have as big an issue with clogging. Also works with blades, plows, shovels, your ice auger, etc. Anytime when you have snow and ice buildup, spray it with cooking spray.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
check your belts everyone - old belts or out of tension belts plug way too easy - especially when wet

installed new belts in mine last spring and realized I was suffering from plugging for no reason whatsoever

(10 yr old Airens 10-28)

#guywhowasamoronwhocouldntblowsnow

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
A tip in the family handyman magazine a few years back, is to take cooking spray and spray the inside of your snow blower at the beginning of the season. spray down the chute and all surfaces in and out and you won't have as big an issue with clogging. Also works with blades, plows, shovels, your ice auger, etc. Anytime when you have snow and ice buildup, spray it with cooking spray.

good advice this stuff works well too ... just don't get it on your concrete
61gyKZBfXQL._SX425_.jpg

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
don't get it on yourself either - wear rubber gloves

I relied on that stuff to milk a couple more years out of worn out belts because I was stooopid

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
don't get it on yourself either - wear rubber gloves

I relied on that stuff to milk a couple more years out of worn out belts because I was stooopid

Belt dressing tacks up older belts very well. I used it plenty to extend belt life in my Sealcoat equipment back in the day.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've no experience with riders... but that dude is FLYING and leaving windrows of snow off to the clean side

he now has to make twice as many passes cleaning up the BS :;:huh

I doubt I’ll ever get to blow powder like that. I’m always exposed to wind.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Captain, you will love that blower. I have it on a X380. I did shred a belt with the heavy stuff. The bad is you need to remove the whole blower front to replace auger drive belt. Did a little cussing as owners manual says can be replaced from bottom. " forget it". Also the belt guard is impossible to get back on unless gear box is pulled off the impeller. Talked with JD people about and they did find that there was a case on it so know about it. The thing will toss snow a mile though.

1850reata

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ive got a berco blower on the front of my cub cadet lawn tractor. Made in canada and heavy duty thing its a beast compared to the pos that cub cadet recommended for their machines.

mikef

★★★ Legendary Member
Ive got a berco blower on the front of my cub cadet lawn tractor. Made in canada and heavy duty thing its a beast compared to the pos that cub cadet recommended for their machines.
Does your berceo run off your tractor or have it’s own engine? Thx

mikef

★★★ Legendary Member
I got one of these for work a few years ago. I've been happy with it. It doesn't eat snow quite like the bobcat snowblower, but I've been happy with this.

Do you think it’s underpowered? A bunch of reviews I read had mentioned tgat

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Auggie,easy to hookup?hp on blower motor?

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
It bolts on like a snow plow. Winch makes it go up and down. I plumbed an electric line from the battery to the unit so it has electric start. It takes 10 minutes to install every fall.

Anything more than 6 inches of snow will make it bark. Run the thing in low. Be really slow the first pass and take 1/2 or 3/4 of a bite every pass afterwards and it does well. You can change the direction it blows while in the cab. You have to manually adjust the angle though.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74