Liver and onions.

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
Jim carrey is a psycho....it would have been less concerning to jaykay if you were actually quoting hannibal lecter;:;rofl

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
For me liver is 'either you like it or you don't.' I do like liver and onions and I'm pretty sure those of us who like it are in the minority. I like fresh venison liver and onions but fresh is the key. Saved a venison liver one time and put it in the freezer for dining later. I couldn't eat it after it had been frozen. Many suggestions above for proper cooking and all are true. But, if liver and onions aren't to our liking, no cooking method is going to change that.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Love fresh deer liver and onions. Just cannot eat a lot of it or Gout comes into play.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Eat the onions and throw out the liver!
I agree you either have a taste for it or you totally hate it and i hate it.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Jim carrey is a psycho....it would have been less concerning to jaykay if you were actually quoting hannibal lecter;:;rofl

Yup, this is the movie I thought he was quoting. I had forgotten about the line in Dumb and Dumber. I'm usually passing out from laughter about 15 minutes in...

- - - Updated - - -

Love fresh deer liver and onions. Just cannot eat a lot of it or Gout comes into play.

Gout is a deal-breaker. Even a whiff of the pain, and I'm going fetal.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gout sucks, I didn't know about a connection between liver and gout, will need some google time. I am not eating liver for a tasty meal, but for the nutritional aspect. Tried that par boiling in salt water, seemed ok, but man this liver is mush to handle, pre sliced 1/8" think may be the issue.

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Eating liver and onions is healthy? I had no idea. Why are you hell bent on eating liver? Get some lean elk steaks and enjoy your meals

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gout sucks, I didn't know about a connection between liver and gout, will need some google time. I am not eating liver for a tasty meal, but for the nutritional aspect. Tried that par boiling in salt water, seemed ok, but man this liver is mush to handle, pre sliced 1/8" think may be the issue.

I tried the store bought like that for catfishing, yep not worth a crap because of the mush. Home cut beef or deer liver on the other hand has yielded many a nice 4-6lb cats along with a couple 2lb walleye believe it or not.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Organ meat like liver and heart have very high protein content.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
The liver is the oil filter of the mammal. Icky.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll eat it if somebody (mom) makes it - but I'm not making it myself when there's a world of non-filter vittles to be had.

- - - Updated - - -

and this is coming from a true "adventure eating" enthusiast

love just about anything out on the fringe - locally or during my occasional travels

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
The liver is the oil filter of the mammal. Icky.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll eat it if somebody (mom) makes it - but I'm not making it myself when there's a world of non-filter vittles to be had.

- - - Updated - - -

and this is coming from a true "adventure eating" enthusiast

love just about anything out on the fringe - locally or during my occasional travels

This says A LOT coming from Guywhoexploresfood.

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
that said - I’m always a big fan of all you unusual food lovers - including liver lovers :)

EC2AC086-2EDD-4EC4-B6F8-B561240AB2DE.jpeg

ive been called a picky eater my entire life so I enjoy food shaming others as well

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Never had a thumb up my ass either.
Would liver make one less apt to squirt the mustard?
What would be the direct benefit?
seems I struggle eating all the other parts prior to it getting ugly, why would I eat the ugly parts?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 162
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76