Lake Sakakawea Newbie

Big Dutchman

Fished Red River near Selkirk for several years in late October and early November. Due to declining fishery there am opting for Lake Sakakawea on October 26-28. Have never fished the lake before. From online info it looks like fishing the eastern end or going to the Van Hook Arm area are the two primary options. With dropping water temps what are the best options for depth, baits, etc. Will the fish be in less than 25 FOW and is rigging with spinner or jig & minnow best option? Will there be fish cleaning facilities available?

MSA

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fish cleaning stations are closed til spring due to freezing temps at night.

Lots of big walleyes being brought to me to mount from both areas, fishing must be good, but not sure what the hot bait is.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
hoping the weekend will treat us nice -- my last blast---- i have no idea i would probably start at 25 feet on a point -- me i will be in the slough to the east ---- i will start at the same depth at my favoriite rockpile (wishing i could take the time to run west - as the west is the best!!)

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
jig and a minnow - pitching shallow or parked and vertical on any edges wherever you mark fish... i always finish how i start, and start how i finish every year... great time of year on the water...

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75