Big Fish vs Big Critter

duckman1302

Founding Member
Founding Member
or is maybe 160 the 10lb equivalent?

I think you would have to compare 8# walleye and 160" whitetail because those are the minimums to get into the record books.?.?

To me the big fish would be more about luck because as others have stated, the fish still has to bite. If you can find a big deer it all comes back to you to get the job done.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Want big fish? Fish lakes with lots of them there.
Want big bucks? Hunt land that has lots of them there.
Figure that out and you can get whatever you want for a trophy.

For deer: You either have to be lucky enough to be born into a great spot of land, or rich enough to buy your own, or pay to be there. Big bucks around 160 aren't that rare...IF the land is managed right. All it takes is big bucks to hunt really good areas. MONSTER MULES down by Wall SD. Good luck getting in there. The patrol it with planes.

Fish: You're right again. Put yourself on a body of water with a large percent of big fish, no matter the species. That also takes money to travel there, or hire a guide.

I feel that you have more control over the hunting however. Fishing you have to trigger the fish to bite. Hunting you can control more variables, all the way to hunting high fence and picking out the deer you want. But lets limit it to state seasons. A lot of land owners managing land these days, and it can be hunted for a fee. Many could afford it if they really wanted too. Then you got a lot of help from the outfitter, just gotta make the shot. You should get an easy shot if done right, on the right plot of land.

FishFinder97

★ Legendary Member
Some of it has to do with right place right time, plenty of big bucks that get shot close to a farm yard or road or hit by cars during the rut. And there are a lot of big fish caught off shore with a minnow under a bobber, but I think it takes more skill for the average guy to kill a large buck than to catch a big walleye or northern.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 106
  • This month: 100
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 66