Squarespace editing

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone use Squarespace for their own website? Between time and overall competency, I want to farm some of this out.

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mrs. Sluggo built her website using squarespace but I don't think I want you talking to her.

tigolbitties

Founding Member
Founding Member
I haven't used Squarespace but I have managed and done website builds over the years. It used to be my main job, but my role has transitioned. I may be able to help you out. Message me if you are interested.

Do you already have your domain purchased? Is your ultimate goal to have a site where you can sell your products to avoid having paper forms or messages coming in for orders? I was just checking out Squarespace and it looks like it should be a pretty easy service to use and get a site going.

Last edited:

nxtgeneration

Founding Member
Founding Member
No squarespace experience. I built mine myself through BigCommerce. If I had to do it over again I'd sell myself to get some cash to hire it out. I am NOT competent in programming. However, I did manage to get a working site together and I think it turned out OK.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Domain is bought. Had it through another hosting service but I just couldn't figure out all the nuances. Swapped it to squarespace to ease it up a bit. I'm not even sure if Ill end up selling from the website but it will be a nice common area to have the entirety of my work

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Move your domain to a normal place like godaddy or hostgator so you can build your website off worpdress. I'd go with Godaddy if your just starting out. Places like square or etsy are cheasy imo.

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
My daughter is a designer with The Good Kids and they promote Squarespace over Wordpress because they can build the site and turn it over to the customer to maintain. She said Wordpress is a little more challenging for a lot of people. It generally is a little cheaper and easier if you’re domain is hosted by whichever tool you choose to use but is a minor detail. If you haven’t chosen a tool yet, I would let the person you hire choose based on their preference.

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
We use square for our online sales at Legendary Tackle. They actually have an online sales platform that is free to use (except for the standard credit card processing fees) but it is pretty basic. It works well, but it's not fancy. The nice thing about it though is that with the use of a third party app it can be integrated into the quickbooks accounting we use as well. I do fully intend to build a legit website, but for now, our domain is hosted through google and set to take people to our square store. If you go to legendarytacklecompany.com you can see what it looks like...

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75