Ripped off by vallely sport and marine

Bacon

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m not picking sides here, but it is interesting that anybody on here who has had problems with a dealer it’s been vallely. Just saying. I know I have been in there a couple times. Never had a good vibe being in there.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Got old and maybe that's the problem for me but service from a business that sells products, service or whatever is just not like it seem to be for my parents. So I feel for you and by going on here maybe you got someone to listen to you and work out the problem by listening to you and find a solution at first. best of luck.

Thought I was done buying anything major but today will buy a new Buick for the wife and for me to. Been working on this all summer.

Found a dealer who stated one way or another he is going to take my jeep on trade and he did offer a way better deal than any other and he treated me like my father was treated back many, many years ago. Felt good.

I am glad my two dodge pickups will last me the rest of my life as no way will I ever do business with a mopar dealer again and that includes rydells in grand forks even if they do not sell mopar. db

Pedro

Established Member
I believe it’s business practices like this is the reason that skeeter pulled out of vallely

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Doesn't really seem like the OP got ripped off though. He asked for certain electronics, dealer provided those electronics, then buyer realized a feature wasn't available. He got what he asked for, he just didn't make sure it would do what he wanted before asking.

Certainly not defending Vallely as I won't do business there. Owner didn't treat my dad very well when he wanted to buy a new Ranger utv so I've shied away from them ever since.

Jiggernaut

Founding Member
Founding Member
For every rant about Valleley, there's a rave. They have plenty of business and seem to do well. I personally haven't had any issues. I bought a '15 Lund Impact from them and received exactly what I asked for. To bad about your electronics, I think you're out. I almost had a similar situation. The salesman said my boat came with a ski mast, but after the sale we find out it didn't He could've told me to pound sand, but he came up with a ski mast. Then again, I didn't blast him on social media.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gotta love the social media generation. If something isn't perfect at first, before trying to remedy it, go have a cow on the internet!

Donnyo

Gotta love the social media generation. If something isn't perfect at first, before trying to remedy it, go have a cow on the internet!
You know what you are exactly right I should have waited until I spoke with the owner. I have tried to get this thread deleted. If the dealer makes it right I will be the first person to write it up on here.
I will also say gotta love America and my first amendment right.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Doesn't really seem like the OP got ripped off though. He asked for certain electronics, dealer provided those electronics, then buyer realized a feature wasn't available. He got what he asked for, he just didn't make sure it would do what he wanted before asking.

Certainly not defending Vallely as I won't do business there. Owner didn't treat my dad very well when he wanted to buy a new Ranger utv so I've shied away from them ever since.

They make 3 versions of the Helix 12. It is confusing so I can see where he made the mistake. If you just ask for a Helix and don't specify the side imaging, you have a 33.33% chance of getting the one you want.

Walleye_Chaser

Founding Member
Founding Member
Telling the TRUTH about your experience is NOT Slander. Slander is making a FALSE claim meant to damage their reputation. They better understand that these days with Facebook, online forums, etc....they better not try and fuck anyone over or it's their pocket book that is going to pay.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
1. Go straight to manufacturer on the gel issue. Bitch at them too
2. Don't buy boats from the West. Go east go as far east south east as you can
3. The warranty thing is bs. With that combo what lund has you can always find someone hungry to do a warranty claim.
4. Always buy your own electronics. The dealer hands down should of upsold you the side finding model. Deserves to be roasted due to that fact alone

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'll ask again have you had it in the water?

- - - Updated - - -

For every rant about Valleley, there's a rave. They have plenty of business and seem to do well. I personally haven't had any issues. I bought a '15 Lund Impact from them and received exactly what I asked for. To bad about your electronics, I think you're out. I almost had a similar situation. The salesman said my boat came with a ski mast, but after the sale we find out it didn't He could've told me to pound sand, but he came up with a ski mast. Then again, I didn't blast him on social media.
I have yet to see a rave for any ten rants. In fact your the first rave i've seen. If one can consider normal business operations a rave. maybe that would be a rave for them. how bout some more vallely raves. anyone?

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
situations like this gives car dealers a bad name ....(speaking in jest) i'd be pissed too....trying to slip a fast one by ya.

Jiggernaut

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'll ask again have you had it in the water?

- - - Updated - - -

I have yet to see a rave for any ten rants. In fact your the first rave i've seen. If one can consider normal business operations a rave. maybe that would be a rave for them. how bout some more vallely raves. anyone?

Clearly there wont' be any raves for them on NDA. I'm just saying, business seems good for them, so they must be doing something right.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
donny,don't fall for this used boat tactic,sure they processed said paperwork now you have a so called used boat that might not even float because she's been in dry dock from the get-go ...don't settle with these knuckle heads they'll tell you to trade it back in for a much lower $ amount than you paid in order to purchase another new boat,remind them you have'nt used the boat yet and want face value or see you in court,that'll get there attention,take pictures of all flaws,if infact if they compensate you with cash or other accessories a trip to New york mills(lund head quarters) is in order,have them go through your rig before snow flies,don't let the valley hacks touch your rig they had one shot and f--ked it up,move on. f'em.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Clearly there wont' be any raves for them on NDA. I'm just saying, business seems good for them, so they must be doing something right.
So how do you explain them getting Skeeter pulled?

Jiggernaut

Founding Member
Founding Member
So how do you explain them getting Skeeter pulled?
I’m not trying to explain something I know nothing about. What I do know is I bought a boat from them and it was exactly what I wanted and it appears their business is doing just fine. Who knows, maybe they’re on the brink of bankruptcy, but I’d guess that’s not the case.

Donnyo

I’m not trying to explain something I know nothing about. What I do know is I bought a boat from them and it was exactly what I wanted and it appears their business is doing just fine. Who knows, maybe they’re on the brink of bankruptcy, but I’d guess that’s not the case.
I talked with Lund today, they flat out told me this is the reason there is a warranty. Frankly fuck Lund the sack of shits. With that said does anyone want to buy a brand new Lund off me.

dblkluk

★★★ Legendary Member
I talked with Lund today, they flat out told me this is the reason there is a warranty. Frankly fuck Lund the sack of shits. With that said does anyone want to buy a brand new Lund off me.

So let me get this straight you are pissed at a company that will stand behind their warranty?? LOL Wtf??..

FTR Its not "brand new" if you bought it, the warranty has been filed, and you put it in the water. I'll give you half of retail.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 169
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77