Ripped off by vallely sport and marine

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Did they at least give you the complimentary antelope with purchase?
08695AAC-5552-4454-AB0F-B1DD0D9B2102.gif

I know, sorry. Old over used joke.

sounds like you’re getting screwed but I know from experience on this ridiculous website there’s two sides to every story so I’d like to hear more

Donnyo

You could blame half the electronics on me , maybe I was not specific enough. But there is no excuse on the gel coat.

- - - Updated - - -

No they did not I heard they had new owners.

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m confused. Did you initially agree to still take the boat after they fix the gel coat or did you say you didn’t want it when you saw it was flawed?

Also, had they installed the new electronics on the boat or hadn’t they?

Just trying to understand.

Last edited:

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hmmm. I know of another guy that had problems with a paint job similar to yours on a brand new Lund. I wonder how common that is?

Donnyo

No we did all the paper I told them what electronics I wanted, they told me to come back in a week to pick it up. When they called me to come get the boat they saw we see there is flaws in the gel coat that we just noticed but we will fix it. They told me to bring it back when I was ready and they will have it re sprayed. So I took the boat home and looked it over good and found more flaws in the gel coat. Then I looked at the graph and it did not have side imaging. I told them I wanted a helix 12 gen 3 which I thought side imaging was standard but apparently it is not. When I questioned them on it they said no it should do side imaging in which it does not

- - - Updated - - -

I know all boats come with a few little flaws I don’t think any boat can be made without at least 1. But my boat looks like someone jizzed all over it

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
When you buy a new vehicle do you expect little flaws? I would not accept a flaw without a substantial reduction in price. Even then, every time you look at that flaw you will wonder why you bought a boat like that, or at least I would. If you want little marks and flaws, buy a used boat.

3geese4me

Honored Member
I have bought a brand new 2019 Adventure from them and now today I just bought a new ATV. During the purchasing process I scrutinized everything and made sure they made it right before I left. You as a buyer shouldn't have to go into such detail but it's saved my behind on 2 instances now.

Donnyo

That’s the thing the boat looked good on the show room floor , I never knew until a week later they told me about it. Man I am pissed off, they acted like it was no big deal. My opinion is they inspected this boat and knew about the flaws, waited until I bought the boat then told me when it is already to late. They just diddent want to drop the price.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not to pour salt on your wound but damn dude it’s very common knowledge to stay the hell away from vallelys. And the paperwork you signed damn well should have had the exact electronics you wanted listed on there. And for the price of these damn sparkly boats they better not have one damn flaw in them at purchase

Donnyo

Yea I agree now, lesson learned the hard way. I have a meeting set up with the owner on Wednesday. I want them to take the boat back, a boat they call used now. SMH

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hats off to you for buying brand new, but that thing better be coming off the lot spotless. Me personally, I like buying used with a battle scar or 2 because God knows I'm going to do the same. Just takes me a week or two to accept the inevitable scratches and dents on everything.
Now a missed shot on a trophy or bad net job in a tournament, that's shit that haunts you for life..

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
No way would i stand for this. I wonder if the boat on the show room floor was/is the same boat the you got??? :;:huh

Donnyo

No way would i stand for this. I wonder if the boat on the show room floor was/is the same boat the you got??? :;:huh
Yes I’m sure it is, with the low light and a black boat, it was impossible to see the flaws. In the sun they are clear as day.

TFX 186

★★★★★ Legendary Member

This is my thoughts also. Why would a dealer display a boat with flaws in the finish for everyone to see? I would think that Lund would have something to say about the flawed finish on a brand new boat. I wouldn't settle for some bullshit story. Good Luck and let us know how it turns out.

Fish On!!

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why wouldn't they have fixed the boat prior to putting it on the showroom floor?
Did they get paid from the company to fix it and pocketed the money hoping someone would buy the boat and not notice or say anything?
Too many things are adding up here.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Give it back . Start fresh, either there or elsewhere. I'm sure they can resell at some point. Probably won't make their millions off it, but will sell.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 165
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76