Ripped off by vallely sport and marine

Donnyo

Give it back . Start fresh, either there or elsewhere. I'm sure they can resell at some point. Probably won't make their millions off it, but will sell.
If they will even take it back, they are telling me it is used boat now because they already turned in the paperwork. I have a meeting with owner and salesmen Wednesday.

Donnyo

How do I delete this thread, I need to delete it until me and the dealer come up with a solution

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wouldn't accept it. Might be a good idea to call the State Attorney Generals office and tell them about it and see what your options are?

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I imagine they are throwing a fit about this post already lol. That’s what they always did on fishing buddy so those posts were always taken down.

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
How/why do boat dealers seem to have so much power? You complain even a little bit at a car dealership they usually bend over backwards to fix the issue. So weird.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
How/why do boat dealers seem to have so much power? You complain even a little bit at a car dealership they usually bend over backwards to fix the issue. So weird.

1. You need a car, you want a boat.
2. Much more brand loyalty w/boats than cars.
3. Nobody wants to be the asshole who gets shuffled to the bottom of the list every time they need service, so they eat shit with a smile regularly.
4. People are scared shitless to work on a Boat themselves despite the fact that they’re exponentially easier to work on than cars. Gorilla-tape, a SHARP drill-bit and a 2’ level gets a transducer mounted properly. Fuggin’ ‘lectrics Are red/black, solder, butt-connect, heat-shrink, DONE!
5. Lots fewer choices when it comes to # of dealers AND service/repair shops.

Donnyo

Uh oh, somebody got threatened and conned into deleting the thread.
No they made a good point I’m slandering them and I have not talked with the owner yet to come up with a solution. I too agree it is unfair. I truly believe I will be stuck with the boat but who knows.

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
No they made a good point I’m slandering them and I have not talked with the owner yet to come up with a solution. I too agree it is unfair. I truly believe I will be stuck with the boat but who knows.

Stay positive. They just may make er right for ya.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
you haven't slandered anybody if what you are saying is all true. don't fall for their bullshit. you shouldn't have had to come on here at all

Donnyo

you haven't slandered anybody if what you are saying is all true. don't fall for their bullshit. you shouldn't have had to come on here at all
Everything I said is true but I will agree that I should have waited until I speak with the owners. They may take the boat back no questions asked, them again they may not, that’s why I feel this thread was a little pre mature. They did offer to fix the boat but I will not accept that this is where we are at right now.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wouldn't accept that either unless Lund did it. have you had it in the water? did you have the electronics specified on paper?

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
SDMF, You truly hit the nail squarely with number 3. I try to do as much as I can myself or with a couple of friends. But if I go to the dealership I am the happiest, smiliest SOB that they have seen in a long time.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
If they make it right then maybe the slandering was premature, but without coming on Nodak Angler would they have been as willing to make you happy? Power of the internet is amazing right?

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
He did the right thing. They would have told him to get bent without seeing this

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sounds like 2 separate issues here. First, you bought a new boat, you deserve a new, flawless boat. I would probably accept it if the problems are correctable to my satisfaction. As for the electronics, if you got what you asked for but you didn’t like what you got, that would be your mistake but would expect the dealer to work with me to get the correct ones. If on the other hand, you just told them what features you wanted and they chose incorrectly, then it’s back on them to make it right. Generally if a person calmly explains their position, most businesses will do what they can to make it right as they can’t afford to lose future sales over 1 boat. I hope it works out for both of you.

Donnyo

^^^^^^^!!!

Is the store not with the Vallely family any more?
No I believe it is the same family.

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds like 2 separate issues here. First, you bought a new boat, you deserve a new, flawless boat. I would probably accept it if the problems are correctable to my satisfaction. As for the electronics, if you got what you asked for but you didn’t like what you got, that would be your mistake but would expect the dealer to work with me to get the correct ones. If on the other hand, you just told them what features you wanted and they chose incorrectly, then it’s back on them to make it right. Generally if a person calmly explains their position, most businesses will do what they can to make it right as they can’t afford to lose future sales over 1 boat. I hope it works out for both of you.
As for the electronics I asked for a helix 12 gen 3 which I thought side imaging was standard on them, I told them I wanted a helix 12 gen 3. Well they installed a helix 12 gen 3 with mega down and no side imaging. So am I part to blame on that sure but in my defense they also thought it was strange it did not do side imaging. So am I part to blame sure. But don’t nickel and dime me especially with a boat with a messed up gel coat.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74