Rock Pigeons

FishFinder97

★ Legendary Member
They can be pretty fun to shoot, flush them all out of the bins and then wait for them to come back. Stuff a jalepeno and wrap in bacon and grill em.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
ate quite a few shish-ka bob style,went to a european pidgeon shoot once,they released 1000 pidgeons in groups of 5 or so they also released some pheasants as well at the end folks setting up said shoot seperated the pidgeons from pheasants as to not cross contaminate the roosters with ? but they cleaned them all up bbq'ed them babies up,maybe it was the beer we were drinking but darn tasty...

fly2cast

Founding Member
Founding Member
Funny you mention this subject. Just shot some this weekend along with morning doves and eurasian doves. Pigeon tastes just fine. Don't know why people freak out about eating one kind of bird and are just fine with another. Ducks quite often live in filthy, shitty water and people claim they are good to eat (I don't like their taste btw).

I made this recipe with the pigeon, dove, and duck I shot on Saturday. Its very good and my kids, who think duck taste like shit, came back for thirds:

https://damndelicious.net/2015/10/01/cheater-pho-asian-noodle-soup/

I used an Instantpot to make the meat and the broth in this recipe. Like I said it was damn good.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Funny you mention this subject. Just shot some this weekend along with morning doves and eurasian doves. Pigeon tastes just fine. Don't know why people freak out about eating one kind of bird and are just fine with another. Ducks quite often live in filthy, shitty water and people claim they are good to eat (I don't like their taste btw).

Pheasants and Turkeys scratch through cow-shit for undigested corn kernels. Those pheasants will be the fattest and most flavorful of the year..................

I'm still not eating duck.

And:

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
We shot some this year while dove hunting decoyed in great and kid asked if he could shoot I said sure but have to eat them. He thought they were just like the dove when wrapped in bacon and grilled with a little bbq sauce. Don’t know if I should have told him there is no season on pigeons we might be eating a lot he has a bunch of barns scouted out for when the other seasons are over

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's a squab when you plan on eating it, kinda fancy in some places. It got a bad rap here in the states for some reason.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74