CWD in 4B

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Democratic Party already suffers from mutated CWD from deer.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Where is the published data to support this 20% herd reduction????

If there are so many unknowns, WHY create and implement useless control measures ie. 20% herd reduction????

Saying CWD is a few mutations away from having the ability to affect humans is the same as saying the common cold virus is a few mutations away from becoming airborne ebola. Again, WHERE is the data to suggest such a declaration????

Lastly, if you can't answer my questions, which is no problem, what's this biologists name? I'd like to ask him where he got the information to make these claims so I can investigate it myself and then pass it on to others if in fact it truly exists. Thanks.
CWD is not likely a few mutations away from being able to be transferred to humans it is likely already completely transferable to humans and always has been. The problem is detecting it in humans and the fact that any symptoms from it are extremely hard to detect for many many years and when they do manifest would be likely very easy to confuse for other brain disorders such as dementia.

As for why CWD just randomly appears in certain areas I'll guarantee you the game and fish will use that as case and point why they need the restrictions on moving specifically the spinal columns and skulls of the animals around. They'll use that as an example of what happens when an infected piece of a deer is disposed of in a new area and then infects that new area with the prions. As for always being here the odds of that are very very low because they have been testing extensively for many years and found nothing for the first damn near two decades but suddenly a few appeared in one unit and you can find this exact same testing phenomenon going on all over the place. Whole entire regions will be completely devoid for many years and then suddenly one case will show up soon after it will start multiplying and spreading out from the centralized area infecting new areas. In all likelihood CWD is a man-made problem started at a government facility in Colorado and it is going to be a problem for some time to come.

Big Iron

Founding Member
Founding Member
Where is the published data to support this 20% herd reduction????

If there are so many unknowns, WHY create and implement useless control measures ie. 20% herd reduction????

Saying CWD is a few mutations away from having the ability to affect humans is the same as saying the common cold virus is a few mutations away from becoming airborne ebola. Again, WHERE is the data to suggest such a declaration????

Lastly, if you can't answer my questions, which is no problem, what's this biologists name? I'd like to ask him where he got the information to make these claims so I can investigate it myself and then pass it on to others if in fact it truly exists. Thanks.

Just a casual conversation in a wall tent with a Biologist. I have nothing to support those claims.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
CWD is not likely a few mutations away from being able to be transferred to humans it is likely already completely transferable to humans and always has been. The problem is detecting it in humans and the fact that any symptoms from it are extremely hard to detect for many many years and when they do manifest would be likely very easy to confuse for other brain disorders such as dementia.

As for why CWD just randomly appears in certain areas I'll guarantee you the game and fish will use that as case and point why they need the restrictions on moving specifically the spinal columns and skulls of the animals around. They'll use that as an example of what happens when an infected piece of a deer is disposed of in a new area and then infects that new area with the prions. As for always being here the odds of that are very very low because they have been testing extensively for many years and found nothing for the first damn near two decades but suddenly a few appeared in one unit and you can find this exact same testing phenomenon going on all over the place. Whole entire regions will be completely devoid for many years and then suddenly one case will show up soon after it will start multiplying and spreading out from the centralized area infecting new areas. In all likelihood CWD is a man-made problem started at a government facility in Colorado and it is going to be a problem for some time to come.

Bold statement there Dean seeing as how the CDC and the whole medical profession disagree with you that CWD is transferable to humans as they haven't found a SINGLE case in the over 60 years of CWD exposure. To be clear, I've looked for ANY, and I mean ANY incidents of CWD even giving a human diarhea, let alone dementia and found nothing. If you've found some information I've missed, please pass it on.

As far as the spreading of CWD, it seems the entire scientific community that has worked on CWD disagrees with you that infected deer parts disposed of in other areas causes CWD to spread. The literature is overrun with publications stating they don't know for sure how it's spread.

Now for the big question: Can anybody show me where CWD is even a threat to the deer/elk themselves?? We seem to have skipped right over that question and gone full retard with this CWD business. My evidence: Wyoming has had it for 23 years and their deer and elk populations are stable if not expanding. Same phenomenon can be seen in Wisconsin, where they sport one of the highest white tail deer populations in the country in spite of CWD being present. Even here in ND, where we've had CWD in locations for many years, yet the deer populations are stable to increasing as well. Again, HOW is CWD harming the deer/elk populations??

That's too bad Big Iron. I was hoping for some new cutting edge science that I could sink my teeth into. Would you happen to know the University or organization this biologist worked for?? Thanks!

Last edited:

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
my guess is CWD in humans is being masked over by lawsuits against monsanto

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
KDM- how dare you question deans expertise on anything

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
KDM- how dare you question deans expertise on anything

It's not a challenge. If Dean, or anyone for that matter, can show me the scientific data that shows CWD is the "Unholy Grim Reaper" of the deer world the Game and Fish claims it to be, I'll be the biggest advocate for finding a way to end it. Until then, I take the "PROVE ME WRONG" stance and challenge any and all unsubstantiated claims concerning CWD, no matter who makes them. Banning activities, implementing restrictions, and making hunting more difficult for NO REASON is totally unacceptable and until these so called "Wildlife Professionals" can scientifically prove to me WHY these actions need to be put in place, I will continue to show them to be nothing more than POLITICAL LACKEYS and completely lacking any credibility whatsoever to be making any type of CWD management decision when they can't even show me CWD is even a problem to begin with!!

BP338

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wow! KDM is killing it on this topic! I'm interested to see if any studies are found too.

Things.jpg

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am 100% with KDM on this issue for every reason he has pointed out thus far. Too many questions not enough info.... these government types and scientists alike need to realize the good ol days of saying “ cause the government said so” are long gone. You better start packing real substantiated data and ideas when you create a new chicken little dilemmas or anything associated with taxpayer funded issues that eventually turn into runaway expenditures.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, justifying doing something because other states are doing it is the equivalent to teenagers doing shit because their buddies are. Dumbest shit you can hear a polititian say. Yep lets do this because California/ colorado/etc. is doing it. Fuck it guys lets put this sum bitch in the rhubarb real fast.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bold statement there Dean seeing as how the CDC and the whole medical profession disagree with you that CWD is transferable to humans as they haven't found a SINGLE case in the over 60 years of CWD exposure. To be clear, I've looked for ANY, and I mean ANY incidents of CWD even giving a human diarhea, let alone dementia and found nothing. If you've found some information I've missed, please pass it on.

As far as the spreading of CWD, it seems the entire scientific community that has worked on CWD disagrees with you that infected deer parts disposed of in other areas causes CWD to spread. The literature is overrun with publications stating they don't know for sure how it's spread.

Now for the big question: Can anybody show me where CWD is even a threat to the deer/elk themselves?? We seem to have skipped right over that question and gone full retard with this CWD business. My evidence: Wyoming has had it for 23 years and their deer and elk populations are stable if not expanding. Same phenomenon can be seen in Wisconsin, where they sport one of the highest white tail deer populations in the country in spite of CWD being present. Even here in ND, where we've had CWD in locations for many years, yet the deer populations are stable to increasing as well. Again, HOW is CWD harming the deer/elk populations??

That's too bad Big Iron. I was hoping for some new cutting edge science that I could sink my teeth into. Would you happen to know the University or organization this biologist worked for?? Thanks!
And it took them over a decade to find the link to BSE more or less the same disease Inhumans but when they did we all saw what happened! If you keep up with the information that these government organizations are putting out their stance on eating CWD deer has dramatically shifted in the past 12 months! They used to be they would tell you to stay clear of anything with the spinal column and head now they're telling you to stay clear of the entire damn deer. And you'll find statements like this one that came straight from the CDC.

To date, there have been no reported cases of CWD infection in people. However, some animal studies suggest CWD poses a risk to certain types of non-human primates, like monkeys, that eat meat from CWD-infected animals or come in contact with brain or body fluids from infected deer or elk. These studies raise concerns that there may also be a risk to people. Since 1997, the World Health Organization has recommended that it is important to keep the agents of all known prion diseases from entering the human food chain

All you have to do is flip through there literature to find the writing is quite likely already on the wall.

Michael Osterholm, the director of the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy at the University of Minnesota stated that “it is probable that human cases of chronic wasting disease associated with consumption with contaminated meat will be documented in the years ahead,” going on to add, “It’s possible the number of human cases will be substantial and will not be isolated events

Due to how tough it is to make the first link is the reason why they have changed their recommendations on what to do with a deer so dramatically the last year or two. Just look at the fact they will no longer use the same language they have used for the past 60 years and there is no doubt there is a reason for it.

Last edited:

Pheasant 54

★★★ Legendary Member
So lets say it continues to expand , is there a point where you take your deer head before having the meat processed to get a positive or negative assessment . Will be he heading to a point where you need a clean bill off health on your deer to be able to get it processed and have to show proof at the locker plant . I have to believe the butcher shops don't want this in their lockers

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
In all likelihood CWD is a man-made problem started at a government facility in Colorado and it is going to be a problem for some time to come.

How does one cite the Nuge? I'll take a crack.

Nugent, T. & J. Rogan. 2018. The tinfoil-hat ramblings of a washed up guitar player. Joe Rogan Experience. Ep.1138.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
How does one cite the Nuge? I'll take a crack.

Nugent, T. & J. Rogan. 2018. The tinfoil-hat ramblings of a washed up guitar player. Joe Rogan Experience. Ep.1138.
How is that quoting the nuge the first place it was ever found was in a wildlife research facility in Colorado. It's likely a byproduct of haveing deer and sheep in to tight of conditions although there of course is the possibility it just spontaneously mutated.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'll be honest I've been pretty naive about CWD until recently, Its definitely some scary stuff. I don't think its the end of hunting by any means, but it my very well completely change what happens after the hunt. This prion stuff is scary because it cant be killed by cooking, or really any other means and it can take years for symptoms to start, which is why we don't even know for sure at this point if humans may already have it.

Its not like these Prion diseases haven't jumped species before. It took decades for Mad-Cow to do it and there is absolutely no guarantee it wont happen with CWD. Everyone has to make their own choice, but no way would i eat a knowingly infected deer. If this stuff does jump to humans i cant really imagine what would happen to the hunting landscape, would we all be hunting but not eating our harvests?

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thank you Dean for proving my point!! The first references "some" animal studies, of which I have read most of the painfully few that have been done, and most are not peer reviewed or contain the requisite sample sizes for a statistical analysis to reach even a 90% confidence interval. A 95% confidence interval is the standard for all scientific publications by the way. So which studies are being used here????

The second quote is a guess of what may or may not happen, which AGAIN proves my point that nobody knows if CWD is even a threat. Lots of things are "possible" and or "probable". It's possible and probable that CWD will prove to be of no significance to either deer or people. Is that not just as valid a statement as that made by Michael Osterholm??

"To date, there have been no reported cases of CWD infection in people. However, some animal studies suggest CWD poses a risk to certain types of non-human primates, like monkeys, that eat meat from
CWD-infected animals or come in contact with brain or body fluids from infected deer or elk. These studies raise concerns that there may also be a risk to people. Since 1997, the World Health Organization has recommended that it is important to keep the agents of all known prion diseases from entering the human food chain"

"Michael Osterholm, the director of the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy at the University of Minnesota stated that “it is probable that human cases of chronic wasting disease associated with consumption with contaminated meat will be documented in the years ahead,” going on to add, “It’s possible the number of human cases will be substantial and will not be isolated events"

Last edited:

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
So basically what you're doing is just putting your hands over your eyes and saying that you're not paying any attention to the fact that the data is progressively coming in more and more pointing to the fact that in all likelihood it can pass to humans! Yes or no do the scientist say there is a very real chance it can pass to humans... Like I said yes or no? Because all I ever said in my original post was there's a very real chance that it does not need to mutate to become a human pathogen it may very well already be there and if you don't want to admit that then you're just choosing not to see the reality of the situation! There is a very good reason why all the agencies involved have radically changed their verbage on how susceptible people maybe in the safety of eating the meat of these deer and that is just a flat-out fact!

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I wonder how many thousands and thousands of infected deer have been eatin in Wisconsin without incident. Playing the what if game leads to dumb laws and policy changes

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 160
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 80