One last hunt

Chas'n Tail

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sorry to hear this, Kurt. Them four-legged fur babies sure know how to find their way to a guy's heart. My condolences.

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Kurt I'm sorry to hear about Cedar. He was a beautiful Lab and looks like he had a great time while hunting with you and your friends. It's a tough, tough thing to have to put your best friend to sleep.

I have been through that too many times and it never gets any easier. The only solace I get is knowing he's not hurting anymore and is in a better place. I truly hope all dogs go to a place with all the other dogs and are playing together, having fun and are pain free and hopefully waiting for me. I'm getting close to having to do this with my 10 year old yellow Lab Max.

LOV2HNT

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sorry to hear this Kurt, never a easy decision.
How old was he if you don't mind me asking?

shorthairman

★★★★★ Legendary Member
So sorry to hear this...teared up as soon as I started reading...(by the title I was hoping it was something along the lines of if you had one last hunt what would it be). Not much worse than losing your best hunting partner...my condolences.

"A dog does not live as long as a man and this natural law is the fount of many tears. If boy and puppy might grow old together, and together grow old, and so in due course die, full many a heartache might be avoided. But the world is not so ordered, and dogs will die and men will weep for them so long as there are dogs and men."

Founding Member
Founding Member
Always a tough one, our last tore the family up pretty darn good.
Sucks not hearing that tail welcoming me home anymore.

BP338

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dang, I'm sorry. We lost a dog when we were little. Best cat killer in the neighborhood. It wasn't fun.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sorry Kurt, for your pain. I could say something trite, or semi-uplifting, but the only real thing that helps is memories and time.

You seem like a good man. I would guess you're surrounded by good people. I hope for the best, for you.

Jim Kemp

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
God dang is it misty in here.

I cant think of a better send off. If only we were all so lucky.

Sorry for your loss, Kurt.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
We feel your pain Kurt and it is never easy and never gets easier either.
Our dear Zoey just had her yearly checkup 2 weeks prior and then she didn't seem right after 2 weeks so we took her in and she had 2 (if i remember correctly) different cancers. Had to put her down a couple days later. Still tears me up and will as long as i live. They do so much for a person and never expect anything in return and love you unconditionally!
We didn't get another one as we are getting up in age and with all my health problems we also couldn't be training another pup.
Someone gave us the picture below and it meant alot and is so true. I try to pass it on when i hear of someone going through the same thing.
Hope you find peace my friend!

Losing a dear friend.jpg

fireone

★★★★★ Legendary Member
That just sucks. So sorry for your family. I'm sure you gave him a good life and you made the right decision at the end.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks for all the well wishes. It really hit this morning when I went for a walk by my self

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76