You shoot like.....

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
How many of you have shot triples when three or more get up at the same time

That's hard to do with a double barrel, but I've done it.

- - - Updated - - -

That's hard to do with a double barrel, but I've done it.

I also went 5 for 5 in SD when I first bought a pump, twice. (party hunting in legal in SD) [(so if there are 10 guys in a group, you could shoot all 30 and the group is limited)]

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
I also went 5 for 5 in SD when I first bought a pump, twice. (party hunting in legal in SD) [(so if there are 10 guys in a group, you could shoot all 30 and the group is limited)][/QUOTE]

Just like CA a few years ago, Game and Fish started to allow boat limits on fishing. It was really pushed by the Party Boat owners. They did not want to keep track of how many fish each person had caught and make them quit fishing when they had reached their limit when there could be up to 30 fisherman on board. Made it easier for us sport fishermen too. We could leave all 4 lines in the water when we only needed one more salmon to fill out. (Not that it ever stopped us before boat limits were allowed. It's just now we were legal!)

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
How many of you have shot triples when three or more get up at the same time

I've never had 3 flush @ once within range. I did kill 3 from one spot on a fence line. Birds had run out of a thicket (grouse-house) down the fence line. Doggie trails them, I'm behind him. Birds flushed 1 at a time but no time to reload between shots.

I've never pulled 3 partridge from a flock either, best chance I had the 3rd would've been out over some nasty cattails so I let him go.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've flushed a covey of partridge and missed the first shot, got 2 the second and one the third. Does that count;-).

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Back in the early 60's before the blizzard of 66 triples were common for me. 100 bird flocks were common, I once counted over 500 birds in our cow yard if not more. Over the last 10 years maybe 3 times.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Best I've done is two birds in single flush...been awhile tho...no triple yet.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Best I've done while walking a section line in between 2 harvested wheat fields, tall grass maybe 15 feet wide, 2 got up and 2 went down. Walked 40 more yards and the number 3 went down. Took less then 10 minuets.

fj40

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Usetacould. This season I'm lucky to hit the ground. What a slump!

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Usetacould. This season I'm lucky to hit the ground. What a slump!

All you need is a safe space, some positive reinforcement, your own merit badge for trying, and a hug. I just put you on Nancy Pelosi's and AOC's mailing list. Several "Redirection manuals for you life" should be arriving momentarily. Your Welcome!!

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pheasant gets up 20 yards away, I empty the gun before he hit's 50 yards, the dog usually turns and looks at me with a disgusted face as I reload and we start walking again. Rinse and repeat until the dog is tired then we head back to the truck and I give him my sandwich to make amends. He sleeps in the passenger seat as I drive home. Then I pop some banquet chicken in the oven and call it a day. The end.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Results today: 2 birds. both on the last shot, which was my 3" #2, but would start out with a #4 shot on first shot....lost two birds, pretty sure they took off soon as the hit the ground, not direct moral shots...grrrrr...windy day tho.

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tight full chokes and heavy lead 4's like Golden Pheasant will kill birds at ranges most have no business shooting. I have never seen the need to shoot 3" lead. 3" steel 2's do the same.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75