Garrison dam fishing report/tips

Turkeyfarmer69

Hi, I'm planning on going up to garrison dam tonight into tomarrow morning. I was jw what some of the techniques and locations that I should try. I'm not to familiar with the area to much. I only fished it a hand full of times. Your help is greatly appreciated!!! Thanks in advance!!

MSA

Founding Member
Founding Member
1. Make sure all of your lights work, if not, stay off the water. Can't count how many times I've been running up river in the dark and almost split some ass hat's duckboat in half cause he had no lights.

2. Watch out for guys with no lights on their boat. I've seen one just about every time I've been down there lately.

3. Don't cross the 200 ft mark. There's orange lines painted on the rocks on both sides of the river 200ft from the dam. Even though everyone started ignoring that law this year, it's up to you if you wanna risk the fine. This applies to boats, not shorefishing.

As far as tactics go, it's a very "match the hatch" situation down there. Do your best to mimic stunned smelt coming thru the dam. Pearl white jigs n flukes, long shallow diving cranks, trolled or casted shallow or trolled or drifted in the boat behind a bottom bouncer or 3 ways. You can also net smelt and use them on a jig or a Lindy. White is a standard color down there.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 169
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77