McKenzie slough

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does anyone know the story of the main body of the south end of the marsh? It's always been privet but generally open till a few years ago when it got locked up and has been hunted relatively heavily by what appears to be the same group with the same boat who also now have a permanent blind set up on the far Northern edge of it. From the outside looking in it appears to be a guiding operation but perhaps is just someone really into that style of hunting. I'm just curious what the deal with it is I don't really care either which way just don't see a lot of that type of hunting around here so it perks the curiosity.

Side note it's going to be extremely interesting to see what happens when all of that land gets sold because it could shut down a large chunk of ground that many people been used to hunting for a long time.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you dont care, why are you posting on it??
When I say I don't care about it what I'm saying is I don't care what their reasoning is whether its guiding or leasing or any of those things I'm just curious what it is. It's the moral aspect I don't care about and just the general setup of the whole situation since it appears more reminiscent of something I've come across in say Arkansas versus around here so has perked my interest.

Huntdux

That’s Kruger’s land. The ranch just to the west of the slough. Most of it is for sale and in plots this year. The Doan ranch just south of there 2 or 3 miles and East a mile, is guiding on it. Black Leg Ranch. Been doing it it for a few years now.

- - - Updated - - -

That’s Kruger’s land. The ranch just to the west of the slough. Most of it is for sale and in plots this year. The Doan ranch just south of there 2 or 3 miles and East a mile, is guiding on it. Black Leg Ranch. Been doing it it for a few years now.

- - - Updated - - -

Used to shoot a lot of green heads in Kruger’s corn back in the 70’s and early 80’s when we still had ducks.

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Used to shoot a lot of green heads in Kruger’s corn back in the 70’s and early 80’s when we still had ducks.

2019 mallard population at just over 9.4 million. 19% above long term average (LTA)

Huntdux

Yea, right. I’ve hunted ducks in this state since 1966 and yes I was born and raise here and still live here and the only seasons I ever missed was because I was overseas playing shoot the bad guys and don’t get shot. Waterfowl hunting in this state, and upland has gone to shit real fast. By upland I mean sharptails, I could give a shit about pheasants.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Krugers must have sold that peace because it does not show up in the current offerings for all the rest of their Ranch. That's one of the first things I went looking for when I saw they had their whole operation up for sale.

But black leg ranch is who it is out there that's that's info I was wandering about so thank you.

Bacon

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’ve always wondered why a ranch would name themselves after a cattle disease.

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yea, right. I’ve hunted ducks in this state since 1966 and yes I was born and raise here and still live here and the only seasons I ever missed was because I was overseas playing shoot the bad guys and don’t get shot. Waterfowl hunting in this state, and upland has gone to shit real fast. By upland I mean sharptails, I could give a shit about pheasants.
Just quoting the annual waterfowl survey reports. Sorry. Guess I’ll go fuck myself.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
93E0D55A-F7BC-430E-B02D-3A92F3D2BC9F.jpeg
wear a rubber dude

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 90
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75