Squirrels

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I posted this in the tree rat thread then realized in a couple of weeks no one will see it.

Here's my favorite squirrel recipe, feel free to add yours to this thread.

One of my favorite ways to cook them is to take 2 Aberts squirrels and 1 cottontail, skin and gut them, put them in a crockpot with water, salt and pepper and let them cook for awhile. Then I skim the bones out and put potatoes, onions and other stuff in and let it simmer all day.

WOW, it is outfuckingstanding!! :;:smokin

Last edited:

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
What and where are Aberts squirrels?

Aberts_squirrel.jpg

Abert's squirrels are pretty cool looking squirrels - look european

- - - Updated - - -

I part out squirrels like a chicken. Dip in eggwash and seasoned flour then fry with onions. Then bake covered in a shallow glass dish until it's tender and releases easily from the bone.

Serve with squash or other "squirrely" fall side dishes.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the monstrous red ones are not as good as the greys. I've never eaten the little red bitchy bastards. They don't seem worth it because they're small - but I bet they're tender little ass-in-the-holes.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I posted this in the tree rat thread then realized in a couple of weeks no one will see it.

Here's my favorite squirrel recipe, feel free to add yours to this thread.

One of my favorite ways to cook them is to take 2 Aberts squirrels and 1 cottontail skin and gut them, put them in a crockpot with water, salt and pepper and let them cook for awhile. Then I skim the bones out and put potatoes, onions and other stuff in and let it simmer all day.

WOW, it is outfuckingstanding!! :;:smokin
THE IMPORTANCE OF PUNCTUATION!

At first I wondered why you would put a cottontail skin in the crockpot with the squirrel. Then realized there should have been a comma between the two. Then the recipe sounded much better. Have never eaten squirrel but have eaten cottontail and have heard they are very similar. Rabbit, I have found, is delicioius.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
rabit or hos-inferer is very good just like squrriel tastes like chicken.

Retired-Guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
cache.php

Abert's squirrels are pretty cool looking squirrels - look european

- - - Updated - - -

I part out squirrels like a chicken. Dip in eggwash and seasoned flour then fry with onions. Then bake covered in a shallow glass dish until it's tender and releases easily from the bone.

Serve with squash or other "squirrely" fall side dishes.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the monstrous red ones are not as good as the greys. I've never eaten the little red bitchy bastards. They don't seem worth it because they're small - but I bet they're tender little ass-in-the-holes.

So are Aberts squirrels the same as grey squirrels. Eaten plenty of them!

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nothing dignified about eating rodents, but if the roof isn’t leaking, best keep the snow blower dry, and shame tight.

★★★★★ Legendary Member
THE IMPORTANCE OF PUNCTUATION!

At first I wondered why you would put a cottontail skin in the crockpot with the squirrel. Then realized there should have been a comma between the two. Then the recipe sounded much better. Have never eaten squirrel but have eaten cottontail and have heard they are very similar. Rabbit, I have found, is delicioius.

Thanks Mom!

;:;rofl

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82