Favorite cold or flu symptom

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
So I caught the "Bug" last night and by far my favorite symptom has to be the aching teeth and hair. I just CAN'T get enough of that wondrous feeling. The zingers one gets when trying to lay down or drink something is just plain fabulous. (Grrrrrrrr)

MathewsZman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Everclear schnapps, it will cure what ails you .
unnamed.jpg

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
you know it’s bad when your scalp aches

good grief that’s a nasty one

- - - Updated - - -

the back ache from laying in bed day after day is my kryptonite

- - - Updated - - -

(kidneys, liver, or whatever is involved in the germ warfare)

7mmMag

Founding Member
Founding Member
My wife is kind of a health freak and whenever we start getting the first symptoms of something we start drinking elderberry syrup. I can honestly say that it helps. It obviously don't stop you from getting sick but it definitely helps with the symptoms and shortens the length of the sickness.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Zinc lozenges and Airborne immunity boosters are helpful ASAP upon 1st symptom.

My favorite Symptom is intractable coughing as it REQUIRES ZMan’s remedy to at least try to moderate.

Last edited:

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm on shooters of "airborne" as we speak as well as honey in hot coffee to deal with the sore throat. This SUCKS!!!!

★★★★★ Legendary Member
My favorite is sitting on the shitter with explosive diarrhea and puking in the trash can at the same time, I sure do enjoy that part.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Coughing so bad and so long that you have to hug a pillow to keep your lungs and ribs in your body.

camoman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Never had the true joy of loosing fluids from both ends at the same time, however I think those chills you get that not even a scalding hot shower can cure, yep those are my favorite.

Velva_zv21

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Mine is skipping the toilet and going straight in the tub and puking and explosive diarrhea at the same time.... helps if you turn the shower on rite away or you'll find yourself puking more if you look down..... second is shiting your pants after a cough or a sneeze while driving to work to find yourself turning around to go home and change, while the whole drive home you find yourself saying "I knew I shoulda listened to myself and went to the bathroom before I left".... lol good times

BP338

Founding Member
Founding Member
When my body aches is my favorite. I had that the other day. I like mixing Theraflu and emergenC with a big spoonful of honey in a hot drink. Elderberry seems to help too. I'll add that to my drink too of I have it.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Typically my cold and flu symptoms don't get to bad because when I feel something coming on I take, 2 Tylenol cold tablets, 1500 ml of aspirin with a double shot of Contact night time cold and flu at bed time. Only need to do that 2 or 3 nights and I'm better. So, who gets flu shots and do you think they work? I have never had one.

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
KDM, do you think you have a "common" cold or the flu virus?

One time I had bad diarrhea, was very weak but managed to crawl to the toilet, passed out while sitting on the throne. While out, I apparently vomited, when I came too, I called for Mrs. Sluggo….she took one look, threw me a couple towels and walked away.

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
heard this from an aunt a few years ago, and it works for me...

take 3000 mg of vitamin c 3 times a day and drink as much water as you can without getting sick... usually feel way better or fine bout 2 days later...

good luck - it sux...

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
KDM...Castor oil and soap water enemas. Dad always said it's what grandma did. Let's play myth busters!

Give us the play by play!

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Let's remember that the true flu is a respiratory disease, not a stomach bug.

I've had the flu graduate from a bad cough to a collapsed lung from coughing so often/hard. Once you've done that you will get the shot, every...single...year.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 160
  • This month: 139
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 123
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 80