Rifle Opener 2019 countdown

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
HAHA. Been there. Wife had a Muley buck and was 6 months pregnant and it is still the only deer I have seen with a drop tine. Tried to make her run. It did not go well. She did get a shot from about 350 but missed. Would have been a piece of cake if she could move.

I will be 36 on Sunday and have my first Muley buck tag since I was 29. Not excited for opener but I am excited for having the entire last 9 days of the season off of work.
Good luck . Smart move taking the last 9 days . I have a Montana deer tag and will be pint for a big muley but not even headed out until the 18th . They should be going crazy by then

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
No deer tag. I've got a good mind to spend 16.5 days erecting the "Ultimate Griswold" Christmas light display.

Tikka280ai

Founding Member
Founding Member
I drew a 3A4 buck tag but will be packed and heading to Montana on the 7th to go chase my first mule deer. Had the Montana trip planned for over a year and knew I would draw my ND tag as soon as I saw our opening date. Oh well. Hunt in Montana the 9-12th get home the 13th and hunt here the 14th-17th before I have to go back to work

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
no Tag for me this year, but the boy has the golden ticket.

Last edited:

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wife Brother and I all have muley buck tags for 3b1 and dad has a doe tag. Looking forward to the season as I have almost the entire season off from work. Only days I have to work during season are the thursday and friday before the last weekend.
Wife filled her elk tag opening weekend, so we don't necessarily need the meat. If I can get the popup camper all ready to go I plan to camp down in tobacco gardens for the majority of the season.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
10-day forecast is out! I'm not holding my breath those temps and wind directions won't change 10 times between now and then, but still -- seems like the deep freeze is here to stay.

GOOD! Rather this than 60 degrees like we had a few years ago.

10 day deer opener forecast.jpg

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Plan for 90% of the corn and 80% of the sunflowers to still be standing in 2f1

Not the first year I've dealt with a lot of standing crops. Oh well. Not going to keep me at home.

- - - Updated - - -

And pretty sure that can be said for 90 percent of the state, lol!

Buckmaster81

Founding Member
Founding Member
Didnt say it would be your first time just letting you know! I travel alot and I would say 2f1 and 2f2 probably have the highest percentage of standing crop.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Didnt say it would be your first time just letting you know! I travel alot and I would say 2f1 and 2f2 probably have the highest percentage of standing crop.

Sorry. Didn't mean to come off weird. I do appreciate the intel.

Weird thing is in 20 years I've never changed tactics. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't. I dunno, maybe I'm a lazy hunter. But I like walking in my 3/4 mile, sitting in the woods, and seeing what's going to happen.

FishFinder97

★ Legendary Member
I'm excited for opener even without at tag. Brother has a buck tag though, we hunt the family farm every year with dad. Should be a good time we've seen some nice bucks the last couple weeks. Gonna bring the shotgun with and see if I can find some pheasants.

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
You evidently haven’t been to 2B . Like 99% standing here

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Unless you want me,
Rod thinks I’m sexy.

- - - Updated - - -

Unless you want me,
Rod thinks I’m sexy.
It’s hard to get excited about it, when the excitement is over, and maybe gooyie. Rather eat breakfast at the counter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Got super lucky again and drew another any antler tag. Hopefully I'll be able to put down the buck I shot in the shoulder archery season 2018. Things worked out kind of I guess because he's even bigger this year, so I'm pretty excited!
Good luck this fall to you all.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 135
  • This month: 127
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 85