Daylight saving time

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
you sonsabitches and your crazy central time zones.

cache.php

;:;rofl

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
you can really tell when juanr has had a couple busch lattes

- - - Updated - - -

Not judging. It’s pretty funny

whats funny is living in the boundaries set by uncle Leonard. He was genius smart, but not forgiving. Thanks Leonard.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hate the change. We are finally to a point where you don’t have to get up at 3 am to make it to a spot in time for hunting, then the time
changes and we’re f’d. Big tease if you ask me.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's clear to me that less than half of you know that we are ON DAYLIGHT SAVINGS NOW!! We should KEEP IT ON all year long!! Putting that hour of daylight in the evening is nice! AND it's been proven that it SAVES ENERGY, .....A Lot!

gonefshn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Keep daylight savings year around!

Hey boss man.... We need a poll.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's clear to me that less than half of you know that we are ON DAYLIGHT SAVINGS NOW!! We should KEEP IT ON all year long!! Putting that hour of daylight in the evening is nice! AND it's been proven that it SAVES ENERGY, .....A Lot!

most people are talking about the change when they say that “DST is BS” - it’s the concept of swapping back/forth that is retarded. Which they pick is of no concern of mine - just pick one and leave the damn thing alone.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've never understood why people like MT? Or I should say living on the very Eastern side of MT. I'm happy to live on the western edge of a time zone....more daylight in the evening.!! For MT; In the winter the sun is down around 4 and in Summer it comes up about 4am. You realize if we never go to DST, that in the summer, the sun would come bout. 3:30 am in MT!!

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
it's been proven that it SAVES ENERGY, .....A Lot!

https://www1.eere.energy.gov/ba/pba/pdfs/epact_sec_110_edst_report_to_congress_2008.pdf

2. Key Findings: Changes in National Energy Consumption

Overall National Energy Consumption Findings

Using both heuristic2 and statistical analysis methods for measuring the national pattern of electricity changes, the study found:

• For the heuristic analysis, total savings of electricity during the four weeks of EDST time in 2007 was 1.3 TWh and the total primary energy saved associated with the changes inelectricity consumption was 17 TBtu.

• For the statistical analysis, total savings of electricity during the four weeks of EDST in 2007 was 1.2 TWh. This also corresponds to a total primary energy savings of 17 TBtu.The statistical variation on this result is ±40 percent (at a 95 percent level of confidence).

The electricity savings are small compared to the national total for the year, representing about 0.03 percent of the total national electricity consumption of 3,900 TWh in 2007.3 On a daily basis, the total electricity savings due to EDST was 0.46 to 0.48 percent per each day of EDST.

Electricity savings generally occurred over a period of three to five hours in the evening, offset slightly by small increases in energy consumption in several morning hours—typically the hours ending at 7:00 a.m. and 8:00 a.m. in the morning, and ending 5:00 p.m. through 9:00 p.m. in the evening. On a daily percentage basis, electricity savings were slightly greater during the March(spring) extension of DST (0.50 percent) than the November (fall) extension (0.38 percent).

Regionally, areas of the southern United States exhibited smaller impacts of EDST compared to areas of the North. The study found:

• Based on the heuristic analysis, electricity savings in the South as a percent per day were the same as in the North regions, 0.48 percent.

• Based on the statistical analysis, the average daily percent savings in electricity consumption for the North were 0.51 percent, while in the South the savings were 0.42percent.There is insufficient statistical evidence that the EDST period has had any measurable impact on motor gasoline consumption for passenger vehicles or traffic volume in 2007.

Last edited:

Fish whisperer

Founding Member
Founding Member
As somebody who drives for a living and is on the road well before daylight I appreciate the clock kicking back in the fall. One less hour of driving in the dark is nice. Otherwise I guess I don’t really have a preference.

pointer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I seem to remember back in the day that they experimented with changing it somehow they gave us all hot dot reflector stickers to put on our air force parkas that everyone had back then

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
https://www1.eere.energy.gov/ba/pba/pdfs/epact_sec_110_edst_report_to_congress_2008.pdf

• Based on the statistical analysis, the average daily percent savings in electricity consumption for the North were 0.51 percent, while in the South the savings were 0.42percent.There is insufficient statistical evidence that the EDST period has had any measurable impact on motor gasoline consumption for passenger vehicles or traffic volume in 2007.

Wait, so they're saying that it doesn't matter if I'm driving in CDT vs CST when it comes to fuel efficiency of my vehicles? Get outta here!

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wait, so they're saying that it doesn't matter if I'm driving in CDT vs CST when it comes to fuel efficiency of my vehicles? Get outta here!

maybe CA treehuggers argue that people don't want to walk/bike in the dark so they drive instead?

- seems plausible - funny that wasn't detected

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 160
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 86