Sportsmen and women- be mindful out there. ESPECIALLY this year

Pheasant 54

★★★ Legendary Member
Been helping a neighbor with harvest and I watched what looked like a person in a carpool park their minivan on an approach, get into the other car and leave. About an hour later, that minivan was blocking 3 combines, a grain cart, and 2 semi's from entering the field. The minivan ended up being "Moved", but what a mess. Blocked everything up from 3 directions for about an hour, me included as I had to backtrack about a mile and go around. Fewer folks seem to be able to look at the big picture anymore. Most are just stuck in their own little world. Oblivious to everyone and everything around them. I really don't know how we survived this long.

The key word there is minivan - WTH is the problem with people that drive them

BP338

Founding Member
Founding Member
This kind of thing doesn't just happen in farm country. I've seen roads blocked in national forests and in the desert for a number of reasons. They are either dumb or they're after something and don't want to be disturbed. I sat in an old tree stand one time that was by water next to a road. Man I really wish I could have blocked the way in. Would have made that spot a lot better. It's just common courtesy.

emerald

Established Member
when meeting on roads, smile smile smile, wave wave, wave, almost break your neck,looking,checking, @360 around you,look happy, never scowl,have hot wife or hot girlfriend, riding with,who also waves and smiles, this helps alot,slow and smooth,wide berth,easy gets it done, all be in the bar before you can say, long f=====] year,oh if stopped for sammys, always offer,

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
it’s become such a strange world

everybody telling everybody how, when, why and crawling up each other’s a$$ when they don’t

- - - Updated - - -

slot limits

trespassing

catch/release

tags in photos

- - - Updated - - -

driving in the country

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Yep, it's always easier to blame younger generations. I'm sure when we were 18 years old our parents were so proud of how well all the kids are behaved. If I heard it once I heard it a million times when I was in high school "The kids today are the best. So kind and caring. And I'm so amazed at their common sense"

The young generations are just the worst, especially them damn snowflake millennials!

I suppose I would fall into the millennial age range. We may be the generation that received the participation trophies, but we sure as hell didn’t ask for them! My generation wasn’t out buying Nintendos instead of bicycles, Bambi instead of Old Yeller, soda instead of water, and McDonald’s instead of venison; that was my generation’s parents and grandparents (boomers and Gen X) ENABLING and “protecting” my peers. It’s easy to just pass the blame to younger generations, but shit runs downhill. I was lucky and never got participation trophies, watched old yeller dozens of times, and was gifted work gloves at Christmas instead of video games; and although I have a hard time accepting the behavior of my generation, I cannot berate them for what they were unfortunately destined and doomed to become.

Last edited:

USMCDI

Founding Member
Founding Member
Usually the windrow is there so there's material to repair the road after dumbasses overdrive the road conditions while "loaded to the hilt".

I guess you've never driven a combine, grain cart or a semi, much less understand when the ditches are supposed to be mowed by law and risk wrecking a 30k batwing mower with 2' of gravel.

1bigfokker

Founding Member
Founding Member
There's a whole lot more over loaded semi trucks tearing up the roads than hunters.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
point being "lack of common sense" these days,its all about me generation young old all the above.

Yep, it's always easier to blame younger generations. I'm sure when we were 18 years old our parents were so proud of how well all the kids are behaved. If I heard it once I heard it a million times when I was in high school "The kids today are the best. So kind and caring. And I'm so amazed at their common sense"

I'm 50 by the way.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 115
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76