Land in 2G for youngsters to rifle hunt.

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I've got a 14 year old that has a struck out the last 2 years. Hasn't had a shot at anything under 150 at a dead run. Would be interested in 3rd weekend if available. Kind of want to stomp around the first two.

Just a thought - don’t stomp around as much if you want more natural shots. Move slow, stop and glass often. It works in all terrain

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've got a 14 year old that has a struck out the last 2 years. Hasn't had a shot at anything under 150 at a dead run. Would be interested in 3rd weekend if available. Kind of want to stomp around the first two.

No problem. PM me "private message" with you phone number and I'll give you a call. There's some info about how to hunt the place you and your son/daughter will need to know. Thanks! If you don't know how to PM, just press on my avatar name kdm and a list should pop up with private message being one of the options. Looking foreword to hearing from you.

Oh and BTW, my bowhunter sat last night and had 3 different bucks within 30 yards. They weren't big bucks, but I think we can do better than 150 at a dead run. (Grin)

Last edited:

Prairie Doggin'

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Seems like I'm not smart enough to PM you, but I can add you to my ignore list if it comes to that.��
Don't see the private message option.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
V probably has to put the OK on you before you can PM. Not a big deal. We have time. If in the next couple days your PM privileges don't start up, I'll drop a note to V and see what's up. Don't worry, I got you penciled in for the last weekend. The middle weekend is open too if you would like that instead.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Maybe if I shaved my beard, dyed my gray hair, lost 200# and had my son call I might sneak in. Second thought, shit he knows me, cancel that.:D

Prairie Doggin'

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Sounds good to me. We'll see how we hold up in the cold this weekend. The deer stand might seem like a more inviting option after Monday.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
The stands are covered, but open all the way around so the cold and wind is still a factor, but much reduced. However, if you bring a good wool blanket or two, or a quiet sleeping bag to wrap up in, it's not bad. The key is to have material that's quiet when moving around. That's just part of what I need to tell you about the hunt.

Prairie Doggin'

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Hope your hunter(s) had some luck over the weekend. I wasn't able to get my son out as much as we hoped between work on Saturday and uncooperative pickup on Monday. Kids have a school function this Saturday, so don't want to keep someone else from benefitting from your offer if they are able to get out more this weekend. Sent you a PM with my number, so we can chat when you have time. Thanks again.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good News!! Prairie Doggin's boy Alex shot his first buck this evening. They have been out before and had some deer within shooting range, but nothing Alex wanted to take. Today was no different as they had a few other deer play peekaboo with them by stepping out of cover for a few seconds and then disappearing back into cover without giving them a good clear shot throughout the afternoon. That was until this guy stepped out from behind the trees and stood broadside at 100yrds. Alex made a textbook shot into the shoulders and the buck ran all the way to the ground. Congratulations Alex!!! Nice Deer!!! Went 3 for 4 on youth and twist of fate hunters this year. Best part of my hunting season, HANDS DOWN, is seeing these youngins get their deer!!!

IMG_20191123_162052.jpg

Prairie Doggin'

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Huge thumbs up for KDM! Last weekend, we watched a buck walk by about 40 minutes before sunrise, then passed on a couple of does in the morning. Only saw one doe in the evening, probably 300+ yds away. Had a chance to get out this afternoon, and got a nice 100yd broadside shot at the buck. Son couldn't be happier. No tag soup this year.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Congrats to Alex and a big thank you to KDM for helping these youngsters get their deer. We too think the best part of deer season is seeing a youngster's big smile and acting gitty after getting their first deer. Treasure those moments people as there is nothing better than seeing kids happy and making memories with their parents!
Fine shooting Alex! ;:;bowdown :;:thumbsup :;:cheers

Alex don't forget to rub it in to your parents how you had to feed the family this year.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 161
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76