NRA membership discount

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Here’s what our dues and contributions have been paying for. Waiting to get my piece...

Not another penny.

Attachments

B4939225-8EDF-4512-B8A8-94265A34A1D4.jpg

fj40

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The NRA has some problems but the Libs are still scared of it so I'm in. I also don't believe everything the press tells me about the NRA.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
You guys can bad mouth the NRA all you want but as far as I know, they are one of very few that stand up for your second amendment rights. They are a direct line to the Whitehouse and whether you like them or not, make a huge difference in shaping the laws about gun rights. Do they have some shit going on? Probably, but be careful or you will have the radical left knocking on your door and telling you that you need to turn over your guns. I've wasted money for shit that was stupid and made 0 difference for me and my kids and grandkids. I want my gun rights and I want to keep my guns and pass them on to my grandkids. I have family that lives in Canada and they are very restricted on gun rights. Piss poor up there so like them or not, pick your poison!
I will support them no matter what is going on internally. They are still far and away, the best at protecting our second amendment rights. Without them, you will lose your rights. Listen to the wacko liberals that are campaigning on taking your guns.
FFS......Can't we all agree we LOVE our guns!!!!!!
Fish On!
Fellow Sportsmen

I didn't MAD MOUTH anyone. I just stated EXACTLY what happened with me

TFX 186

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Rowdie,
I agree that you had every right to be pissed about how you were treated.

Fish On!

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Supporting the NRA is NOT a bad thing. Do they have some issues....Yep, but as a whole, the NRA rank in file are pretty solid folks IMO. However, I will say this. If in your own mind, you believe you need someone else to protect your rights......you've already lost them.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
You can disagree with some of the things going on if you wish. Maybe some of it has merit, maybe some of it is just plain bullshit. I've read articles that still talk about the good things being accomplished. Don't let the liberals and liberal slanted media drive a wedge between everyone who has a right to keep and bear arms and supports the NRA for what they do. That's exactly their tactic because they can't fight the NRA any other way. They are organized and have power in numbers. I think we can disagree on things that may or may not be happening inside the NRA, but still support a greater cause. I can't think of anything that I believe strongly in that doesn't have some drawbacks or just some things that I don't like. Be pissed about anything you want about how they are doing business. Contact them and voice your concerns. I can damn well tell you that if it wasn't for the NRA and all the support from everyone in the USA, we would have lost way more gun rights by now. I support the NRA and all of it's great things and not so great things. I'm not supporting them blindly!

Fish On!
Fellow Sportsmen

I did contact them....I had paid my lifetime dues and they never heard of me, and played dumb, and of course wanted more membership dues.

BP338

Founding Member
Founding Member
Supporting the NRA is NOT a bad thing. Do they have some issues....Yep, but as a whole, the NRA rank in file are pretty solid folks IMO. However, I will say this. If in your own mind, you believe you need someone else to protect your rights......you've already lost them.

Nailed it!!

That's the thing about rights and freedom...if you take away agency (whether taken by force or given willfully) you take away the true meaning of freedom. Many in our country believe that the only power it has is to pay someone else to fight our battles. I hate that this way of thinking gets classified as "libertarian". I hate that there are actual "sides". IMO, you are on the side of freedom or you aren't. Take, or give, away your agency and you are no longer free.

I have done the NRA thing. I see what they are doing and what they have done. I disagree with a lot of it. The idea is good I guess. Does anyone think if the NRA started selling memberships to the people of China they'd get to have gun rights to take over their government and free themselves? Or maybe Venezuela? I think not. The power comes from the God and the people. The world wouldn't be where it is now if it wasn't for inspired men willing to give their lives for actual freedom. That had nothing to do with memberships, and it shouldn't have anything to do with it now.

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I bought a lifetime membership waaay back in 1995. It was around $500, or maybe $1000, it was a lot for me them! They continued to beg for more n more $$$$. When I didn't send em any, I quit hearing from them. A few years later I called them about my membership, and they said I wasn't a member. I'll never give them another dime.....I hope my $$$ was spent wisely ..... good booze n hookers!

I had been a life member since 1972, about 4 years ago the magazine missed a couple of months. I emailed and asked what happened to it, NOTHING. I sent a letter and asked the same thing, NOTHING. I called several times until I got someone on the phone that understood what I was asking about. She checked my member number and oops, nope you're not a member. She then asked me if I wanted to join.

That was it for me, I had been a life member since 72, sent money supporting them in different causes and POOF after 40+ years not a member any more.

On the bright side at least I don't get a ton of please help us fight this or that and send money quick letters anymore.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I didn't get shafted as bad as you 2400
I paid for three years and got one year. They said if I had proof they would honor it. I told them I could even the score by not joining for the next ten years. Then they started with the online magazine. Shady way to deal with customers.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member

KDM, don’t take this as a personal attack, I’m only saying it to provide clarification: Supporting the NRA right now is a bad thing. I’ve been following the situation to a degree and this isn’t a case of some people making a few missteps. This is a coordinated money laundering campaign by Wayne LaPierre and a handful of others in the org. They then restructured the org and changed rules to make it impossible for any of the board members to desent and speak out. Those who have spoken out are now being sued by the NRA for every dime they own. Have you looked into what they’re doing to Oliver North?

Furthermore, the NRA has intentionally pursued only small, token issues and caved every time we needed them. The NRA, in its current form, is irredeemably corrupt. IT IS NOW ABUNDANTLY CLEAR THAT THE NRA NO LONGER SERVES ANY LEGITIMATE PURPOSE. Continuing to fund that org is to fund corruption.

If you want to give money to an organization that’s doing legitimate work and suing tyrannical government entities at every possible opportunity, send $20 to Firearms Policy Coalition (FPC). It started as a rag-tag group of attorneys who wanted to do the things the NRA was supposed to be doing. No magazines, no ridiculous advertising, no bribes (well, maybe some bribes), no incessant phone calls for handouts, no acting as a paid shill for gun companies selling Chinese garbage. Your money goes towards suing the government at every level to maximize freedom.

Edit to add: here’s what your FPC dollars are paying for: https://www.firearmspolicy.org/legal

Also, they will email you asking for money every single day. Just click ‘delete’ and send $10 every now and then.

Edit #2: They do sell a few shirts and things to raise money. Much better than the NRA garb.

0E111762-05A5-4887-B578-9EE62D7AB70B.jpg

Last edited:

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
No problem here Bed Wetter. Much of my post was directed at supporting the rank in file of the NRA. The folks that just want to be left alone to protect themselves and their families with whatever means they deem fit. As far as the NRA leadership, YEP, they have some issues that need to be corrected if it's even possible. The other part of my post was to remind people that NOBODY will take care of your stuff as good as YOU. The best protector for your rights, yourself, and your family.....IS YOU!!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 90
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 63
  • This month: 57