NRA membership discount

mikef

★★★ Legendary Member
My membership is about to expire and they sent a promotion. Lifetime membership for $750. Usually $1500. Has anyone else gone this route? thx

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm a life member. I utilized a similar promotion a few years back. FYI: That doesn't stop them from always asking for more money. Sometimes I'm not sure how well-spent it is...

mikef

★★★ Legendary Member
I'm a life member. I utilized a similar promotion a few years back. FYI: That doesn't stop them from always asking for more money. Sometimes I'm not sure how well-spent it is...
i get everything you said. I just kinda decided that since the NRA is the biggest, and the target of all liberals, they must be doing something right and i might as well support them

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bought a lifetime membership waaay back in 1995. It was around $500, or maybe $1000, it was a lot for me them! They continued to beg for more n more $$$$. When I didn't send em any, I quit hearing from them. A few years later I called them about my membership, and they said I wasn't a member. I'll never give them another dime.....I hope my $$$ was spent wisely ..... good booze n hookers!

Uncle Jimbo

★★★★ Legendary Member
Pretty sure Wayne spent my life membership dues on clothing and quality “ass-istants.”

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I used to belong but it seamed like they could never get enough money out of you. Got tired of the" you have to give more letters" every two weeks. Then someone got caught with their fingers in the cookie jar. THE END.

Wildbill65

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep all done with the NRA all we are doing is filling these high end execs pockets with our hard earned dollars, been member too long and tired of all the junk mail and phone calls for more money.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
This was on MSN. Looks like you aren't the only people leaving.

Eighth NRA Board Member Quits Since May Amid Involvement in Multiple Lawsuits

Former Oklahoma congressman Dan Boren has resigned his seat on the board of directors of the National Rifle Association (NRA), the gun-rights group announced Friday evening.

Boren, who was first elected to the U.S. Congress in 2004, had been ensnared in some of the NRA's legal disputes during a period of unprecedented internal turmoil at the organization, related to an ongoing financial and governance scandal. Boren's is the eighth such resignation from the board since May.

In addition to leaving the board, Boren is also reportedly forfeiting his NRA membership. News of the resignations was first reported by the Associated Press, citing a resignation letter which referenced the NRA's "mounting troubles."

Mr. Boren resigned in the face of an ethics complaint, which I filed, that cites troubling communications and serious allegations linking him to suspected extortion against the NRA and billing fraud by the NRA's former vendor, Ackerman McQueen," NRA board member Tom King told Newsweek in a written statement. "Under these circumstances, this news is not surprising."

Up until recently, Ackerman enjoyed a productive and noteworthy relationship with the NRA, spanning nearly four decades, as its multipurpose PR firm. Boren has served as NRA director since 2008, and after his time in Congress took up employment as the head of economic development for the Chickasaw Nation, another major Ackerman client.

TFX 186

★★★★★ Legendary Member
You guys can bad mouth the NRA all you want but as far as I know, they are one of very few that stand up for your second amendment rights. They are a direct line to the Whitehouse and whether you like them or not, make a huge difference in shaping the laws about gun rights. Do they have some shit going on? Probably, but be careful or you will have the radical left knocking on your door and telling you that you need to turn over your guns. I've wasted money for shit that was stupid and made 0 difference for me and my kids and grandkids. I want my gun rights and I want to keep my guns and pass them on to my grandkids. I have family that lives in Canada and they are very restricted on gun rights. Piss poor up there so like them or not, pick your poison!
I will support them no matter what is going on internally. They are still far and away, the best at protecting our second amendment rights. Without them, you will lose your rights. Listen to the wacko liberals that are campaigning on taking your guns.
FFS......Can't we all agree we LOVE our guns!!!!!!
Fish On!
Fellow Sportsmen

Last edited:

mikef

★★★ Legendary Member
You guys can bad mouth the NRA all you want but as far as I know, they are one of very few that stand up for your second amendment rights. They are a direct line to the Whitehouse and whether you like them or not, make a huge difference in shaping the laws about gun rights. Do they have some shit going on? Probably, but be careful or you will have the radical left knocking on your door and telling you that you need to turn over your guns. I've wasted money for shit that was stupid and made 0 difference for me and my kids and grandkids. I want my gun rights and I want to keep my guns and pass them on to my grandkids. I have family that lives in Canada and they are very restricted on gun rights. Piss poor up there so like them or not, pick your poison!
I will support them no matter what is going on internally. They are still far and away, the best at protecting our second amendment rights. Without them, you will lose your rights. Listen to the wacko liberals that are campaigning on taking your guns.
Fish On!
Fellow Sportsmen

you pretty much summed up my thoughts too. When San Fran etal declares NRA a terrorist org that pretty much guaranteed that ill be a lifetime member

Uncle Jimbo

★★★★ Legendary Member
Fish On!
Fellow Sportsmen

I can, and do love my guns! I don’t however have to pledge blind loyalty to a group that fights for my continued right to own them. Unfortunately “The Swamp” doesn’t just apply to liberal democrats and it would seem Wayne and the NRA are far too comfortable swimming with coots. Until the NRA cleans house internally I will continue to be cynical and will withhold further donations.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I do continue my membership but they need to limit the mailings to maybe semi annual and use the $ for other things more necessary. Shit, they send about every 3 weeks. Has to get expensive.

TFX 186

★★★★★ Legendary Member
You can disagree with some of the things going on if you wish. Maybe some of it has merit, maybe some of it is just plain bullshit. I've read articles that still talk about the good things being accomplished. Don't let the liberals and liberal slanted media drive a wedge between everyone who has a right to keep and bear arms and supports the NRA for what they do. That's exactly their tactic because they can't fight the NRA any other way. They are organized and have power in numbers. I think we can disagree on things that may or may not be happening inside the NRA, but still support a greater cause. I can't think of anything that I believe strongly in that doesn't have some drawbacks or just some things that I don't like. Be pissed about anything you want about how they are doing business. Contact them and voice your concerns. I can damn well tell you that if it wasn't for the NRA and all the support from everyone in the USA, we would have lost way more gun rights by now. I support the NRA and all of it's great things and not so great things. I'm not supporting them blindly!

Fish On!
Fellow Sportsmen

mikef

★★★ Legendary Member
I do continue my membership but they need to limit the mailings to maybe semi annual and use the $ for other things more necessary. Shit, they send about every 3 weeks. Has to get expensive.
I think theres a box to check to end mailings etc isnt there?

Uncle Jimbo

★★★★ Legendary Member
You can disagree with some of the things going on if you wish. Maybe some of it has merit, maybe some of it is just plain bullshit. I've read articles that still talk about the good things being accomplished. Don't let the liberals and liberal slanted media drive a wedge between everyone who has a right to keep and bear arms and supports the NRA for what they do. That's exactly their tactic because they can't fight the NRA any other way. They are organized and have power in numbers. I think we can disagree on things that may or may not be happening inside the NRA, but still support a greater cause. I can't think of anything that I believe strongly in that doesn't have some drawbacks or just some things that I don't like. Be pissed about anything you want about how they are doing business. Contact them and voice your concerns. I can damn well tell you that if it wasn't for the NRA and all the support from everyone in the USA, we would have lost way more gun rights by now. I support the NRA and all of it's great things and not so great things. I'm not supporting them blindly!

Fish On!
Fellow Sportsmen

This is not only coming from a liberal group looking to take your guns. The allegations are also coming from concerned second amendment loyalists. Some of the people ringing the alarm bells are concerned the corruption within the NRA may be more detrimental to future second amendment fights than liberal politicians. Take a look at the names and number of NRA board members and leaders that have resigned recently...where there’s smoke there’s fire.

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/04/nr...-as-pro-gun-group-cleans-house/#axzz5lxJZdxp3

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/04/nras-future-only-two-options-can-the-bod-save-us/#axzz5lxJZdxp3

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/04/to-nra-or-not-to-nra/#ixzz5mDIgLleC

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
When I finally got a belly full of their constant wanting more money I kept track of how much it cost to pester me for more and it came to 28 dollars more than what my dues were at 35 dollars. Thats when I swore that they would never get another dime. When ever I get any kind of mailing it goes right in the trash can in the post office.;:;banghead

Flatrock

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you're tired of getting requests for money, try mailing back the "postage paid envelope" with nothing in it...

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you're tired of getting requests for money, try mailing back the "postage paid envelope" with nothing in it...
I mail all my “postage paid envelopes” back. But not empty. I stuff them so full of old newspapers and junk that they will hardly stick shut, usually I have to add a few layers of packing tape to hold everything together. This way they have to pay a lot of extra postage for the addd weight. I’m guessing they do t
like that very well.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69