Eskimo vs otter

Shaugen88

I’m debating on getting the grizzly by Eskimo or the otter lodge. I know the otter will have a little more insulation and has a couple more inches more of space weight isn’t an issue but I’m curious on if anyone has the grizzly if it’s worth it or just spend the extra cash and get the otter

all4eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had on older eskimo and trashed the tub on LOW. Purchased an otter lodge and it has been to Winnipeg and LOW multiple times and the bottom of that thing is like new with a little wear on the hyfax. Bet that thing has 150 miles in tow behind the sled. If your going to tow it go otter for the tub, if its riding in the truck any of them will work.

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you're gonna pull it, Otter. If it's gonna sit in the back of a pickup all the time, Eskimo or Clam are worth a look.

strikemaster8

Founding Member
Founding Member
Otter sleds are tough, imo eskimo is glorified light weight material that is lacking quality to the other brands. Got an X2 with the heavy runner kit, I beat the hell out of it and the sled is still in awesome shape. Good luck

Holmsvc

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Eskimo Grizzly sled is not like the other eskimo sleds. It is well built, but I would still get an Otter Lodge. I have had one for 5 or 6 years and it holds up great.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 90
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 63
  • This month: 56