snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
so this is what a "prune face" looks like eh

They do
They're both one and the same :
Screenshot 2021-06-18 225657.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

and the weekend warrior? "fuck stick" comes to mind....he deserves the max penelty not only for the beautiful buck he wasted but also for being so damn stupid is bragging rights so important?

Last edited:

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is NOT POACHING. While I don't condone this ....... It does tickle a sweet spot way down deep. I hope he gets what's coming to him.

Let me add this.....Right now the FBI is considering what to do with an individual who..allegedly..Forged checks, stole equipment, and basically bankrupted the city side of the town I live in, on a bordering reservation. His relatives took over the city council, and hired him. I believe he had drugs on him when arrested. He still hasn't been convicted on anything, Maybe the drugs? IDK.... they may just let him go like they usually do. So I wouldn't get my hopes up of anything happening too him....We'll see. I have other stories of non prosecution that just makes no sense.

TripleSK

Established Member
Within the confines of the reservation yes. But neither the state park or the deeded ground the deer was on is tribal. Now, how that whole mess of it all will work out who knows, but bottom line is when/where the trigger was pulled, and where the deer was when shot, are not within tribal jurisdiction in my book. That is the crap deal with having state and tribal tags, along with a mix of deeded and tribal land. Too much of this stuff goes on, guys shooting deer here and there regardless of where they "should" be. And who knows how the herd management between the state and tribal agencies is, gotta be hard when you only know half the harvest. Hope the guy gets what is coming, even if it came off the pay to play ranch. I know people who have shot elk there, doesn't suit my desires but each to their own.

- - - Updated - - -

A 300" very average elk was $5000 I believe. So A LOT would be my answer!

“Still falls under tribal because it’s within reservation boundaries, and its a tribal tag.” And this is a side topic, but I know a lot of state hunters hunt tribal land or poach tribal land deer. Look at all the reservations and see the number of state tags for those units. Now look at the state or public land to hunt. Very little public, so where are these guys shooting their deer? Not on state deeded land because two thirds of land owners are posting their land, land locking public/tribal land for their own benefit. I will agree there is poaching that happens, but it doesn’t mean what landowners or “ranch hands” are doing is less than what this guy did. I don’t condone his actions, but that’s stuff people don’t see or hear about. This isn’t directed at you specially by the way, just the first sentence.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
If he is a tribal member and this was within the tribal boundaries I bet he walks

Last edited:

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
“Still falls under tribal because it’s within reservation boundaries, and its a tribal tag.” And this is a side topic, but I know a lot of state hunters hunt tribal land or poach tribal land deer. Look at all the reservations and see the number of state tags for those units. Now look at the state or public land to hunt. Very little public, so where are these guys shooting their deer? Not on state deeded land because two thirds of land owners are posting their land, land locking public/tribal land for their own benefit. I will agree there is poaching that happens, but it doesn’t mean what landowners or “ranch hands” are doing is less than what this guy did. I don’t condone his actions, but that’s stuff people don’t see or hear about. This isn’t directed at you specially by the way, just the first sentence.

your wrong there is a shit ton of public around there and private land owners don’t have to post. Do you even know what reservation this is

gonefshn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reading about a nice deer like that being poached made me...….. :mad::mad::mad:

Reading further and finding out it was a fenced in fake deer that was going to make a fake deer rancher a shit pot of money from some fake hunter made me...…. :;:cheers

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member

Reading further and finding out it was a fenced in fake deer that was going to make a fake deer rancher a shit pot of money from some fake hunter made me...…. :;:cheers

so you are alright with people shooting live stock. Seems a good look for hunters

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maybe the guy identifies as the land owner, and feels like it’s his property?

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you want a chuckle, look up Dugan Traversie on Facebook. He's gotten quite a few interesting comments on his own FB page, which is public.

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://www.facebook.com/dugan.traversie[/FONT]

Whisky

Founding Member
Founding Member

You got cattle? I'm about out of ribeyes and need to restock. I don't give a shit about burger, so I will just cut out the rib loin and leave the rest for your coyotes to clean up.

(sarcasm - clearly you don't have cattle, and I love cheeseburgers)

The guy is a POS thieving poacher and should be dealt with as such. Personal views of HF hunting really should have no bearing on this. If you're a decent, logical person.

Last edited:

bigv

Founding Member
Founding Member
Let's be realistic. Deer hunting has turned into a sh!t show. It's a shame that everyone only cares about the horns. Watch a hunting show. They shoot a big buck, walk over to it and simply grab the rack and ooogle for the rack. No mention how how pretty the animals is or how big the body is or how much meat they will get. Just go bonkers on antlers. This has created a world of greed and gimmicks. I saw an ad for a new stick that has a hoof shape on the end. You can make a scrape and put a hoof print down. Are you Fricking kidding me!? Who falls for this sh!t? I have shot a lot of nice deer in my life but never a real whopper. I admit I would love to shoot just one whopper. But, alas, I don't have the property to find them. The rack chasing, ego issues has really made poor judgement come forefront across the nation. I'm not sure what the answer is but this fawning obsession over antlers may be the ruin of outdoors. We are all guilty of it.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
uncle ted talks about the meat all the time. Its what a person makes of it. Been a few years since i have shot a whitetail east river but my kid and wife fill the freezer and i have dont enough killing that shooting just a buck doesnt appeal to me any more

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
The way it works on the Rez. is like this. If you're a Native, ONLY BIA cops can arrest and charge you, no matter the crimes, hunting violations included. IF, the crime is big and bad enough, the FBI is called in, and they only seem to only want to deal with MAJOR crimes. Anything less than murder and it's just ahhhh...... let em go. You can't believe what some people "get away with" around here.

So this will go one of two ways. Either the BIA will charge him, not sure on what, shooting livestock? Or, the Feds will charge him. The best think the landowners can do is turn it into insurance, and chalk it up to cost of doing business on the rez. Sad but true.

gonefshn

Founding Member
Founding Member
so you are alright with people shooting live stock. Seems a good look for hunters

Can you not read? This is about people raising deer in a pen and other people hunting them like their a “sportsman” or something. I’d say I’m sorry if I butt hurt you high fence supposed sportsmen but I’m not.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you want a chuckle, look up Dugan Traversie on Facebook. He's gotten quite a few interesting comments on his own FB page, which is public.

https://www.facebook.com/dugan.traversie

You should cut n paste them...... I'm never joining it.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Can you not read? This is about people raising deer in a pen and other people hunting them like their a “sportsman” or something. I’d say I’m sorry if I butt hurt you high fence supposed sportsmen but I’m not.

So who made you the king shit judge. I wont ever hunt high fence but i am not so high and mighty to judge if people are doing some thing legal. I just spent the last week freezing my ass off in hells canyon in a ultra light tepee for 5 days living out of a back pack. What were you doing other than running off at the dick suck. the guy stole property and if you are ok with that it shows what kind of person you are

gonefshn

Founding Member
Founding Member
So who made you the king shit judge. I wont ever hunt high fence but i am not so high and mighty to judge if people are doing some thing legal. I just spent the last week freezing my ass off in hells canyon in a ultra light tepee for 5 days living out of a back pack. What were you doing other than running off at the dick suck. the guy stole property and if you are ok with that it shows what kind of person you are

You’re the one who started judging dude. All I did was chuckle because some pen raised deer that someone was gonna pay big bucks to pretend they’re a big deer hunter got shot. So quit being such a dick Dick!

TripleSK

Established Member
your wrong there is a shit ton of public around there and private land owners don’t have to post. Do you even know what reservation this is

Lol. Well no shit Sherlock. CRST. I had a rifle tag for the Dewey county and couldn’t access public unless it was the community holes or the easiest access. I know the area very well

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 92
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 60