South Dakota giant poached

7mmMag

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMG_4832.jpgIMG_4833.jpgIMG_4835.jpg

I know it's a pen raised buck but still sad to see it killed like this.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
So I did a little reading on that Facebook page so it sounds like this is a farm raised deer, the guy shot it jumped the fence, took pictures with it, cut off its head and left the body, then posted pictures on social media of his buck?!? How did this idiot not think the guy raising the deer is not gonna recognize it?? What a friggen dumbass.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not a shocker surprised it hasn’t happened sooner over there. I heard it’s going to be federal charges just don’t know what yet

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
they raise deer in a state park?

Sounded like it was pen raised and then moved to the high fence operation to wait it’s demise by a deep pocketed shooter. This guy apparently smoked the deer from outside, climbed the fence, took pics with specimen, cut head off, and flipped it back over the fence. I heard his name was Romulus.

Last edited:

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Will/should this be tried/prosecuted as a G&F violation or something more along the lines of theft/damage of property?

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
so the State Park allows pen raised animals to be moved there to be shot by paid hunters?

I must be too rummed up to grasp the concept.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
It is not on the state park which is the little Moreau you have to draw a separate tag to hunt there it is a hard draw some big deer in there. This place is just to the east of there they also have elk. This guy was hunting with a tribal tag. I will be interested in how this goes as being on the Rez. It should be trespass and some kind of grand theft charge as the value of that deer is in the thousands. I don’t think it can be poaching as it is akin to shooting a prize bull. I have heard since it is on the Rez and the charges pending are federal word is he is in the jail right now so Monday we should know more on what charges are brought. This is the county I spend most my fall in chasing deer in Dewey county this is right in my back yard the poaching is pretty bad over there I hope this will have more wardens from both the Rez and state watching it

Vollmers

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Sounded like it was pen raised and then moved to the high fence operation to wait it’s demise by a deep pocketed shooter. This guy apparently smoked the deer from outside, climbed the fence, took pics with specimen, cut head off, and flipped it back over the fence. I heard his name was Romulus.
Im assuming "Edger" took the pic?

- - - Updated - - -

5575, is this the one you sent the message about?

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not sure what I have less respect for, high fence farms or illegal hunters.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyways, what a friggen beast of a deer!!! Score??

Founding Member
Founding Member
34" wide 272"
Last year 30" 300"

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is he a native? If so I doubt he will get much of a penalty for this if it’s on the Rez.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 76