***Older Frabill Guardian Thermal Giveaway to a Young Lad or Lady***

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have an older Frabill Guardian R2 Tec Thermal that I used for about 7 years. She has some tatters and tears, but it is functional and holds heat very well. It comes with a cover and a tow bar. I would like to give it away to a person looking to start ice fishing. The guardian will fit in a crew cab short box configuration. I pulled the thing all over Lake Winnipeg and Lake of the Woods and it did what I wanted it to do. I bought a new thermal Otter last year so I thought I'd give this old one away. I have it in storage right now so I don't have pics. Please only youngsters and pick up only. Located in NE ND. Message for more info. Thank you.

BP338

Founding Member
Founding Member
Man, I wish that I knew someone. Awesome chance to get into ice fishing!

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
excellent

but don’t forget there’s some old dudes who are good souls but ain’t got a pot to piss in

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
excellent

but don’t forget there’s some old dudes who are good souls but ain’t got a pot to piss in

That might work too. Just remembering when I first got my driver's license and didn't have the coin for a flip over.

thriller1

Founding Member
Founding Member
You're a good man Captain! :;:cheers :;:rockit :;:thumbsup :;:exactly

Agreed. This makes my heart feel good. Ahab giving a shack away, KDM giving youngins a place to hunt, etc. Good peeps here I tell ya....

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
See guys, I told you Ahab wasn't the asshole you all said he was!! :;:stirthepot;:;rofl Nice gesture Captain. :;:thumbsup

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm getting into ice fishing after 22 years of working weekends in the winter. In my late 20's and early 30's, I got out quite a bit. Then as time wore on, I got out on some Sundays, and X-mas break. But the last 10 years, I'm lucky to get out once or twice a year.

So now I'm looking for a flip over, insulated. Probably need a new heater. I'm hoping my auger still works. I should get a vexilar, but I have a little hand held depthfinder that shoots through the ice. If I really start getting into it I'd like a GPS model so I could use my contour map from my summer graph.

So Cap'n what do you think that old flip over is worth?

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm getting into ice fishing after 22 years of working weekends in the winter. In my late 20's and early 30's, I got out quite a bit. Then as time wore on, I got out on some Sundays, and X-mas break. But the last 10 years, I'm lucky to get out once or twice a year.

So now I'm looking for a flip over, insulated. Probably need a new heater. I'm hoping my auger still works. I should get a vexilar, but I have a little hand held depthfinder that shoots through the ice. If I really start getting into it I'd like a GPS model so I could use my contour map from my summer graph.

its worth is obviously the satisfaction of handing it off to someone whom otherwise would be without.
If that’s you, than excellent. If your just looking for a bargain, then maybe it’s not the right fit.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member

Sounds like we need to get you up and running. It's yours if you want it Rowdie.

Last edited:

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh you can give it too a Kid, I'm not so broke I can't buy one. Just wondering what a fair price would be for an older one like yours? I'm waaay down by SD border on Oahe, too far to pick it up.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh you can give it too a Kid, I'm not so broke I can't buy one. Just wondering what a fair price would be for an older one like yours? I'm waaay down by SD border on Oahe, too far to pick it up.

Around $250. More if it was in great shape.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
sweet deal capt your a kind soul,I'm dumping my trap 2 guide as my fishin pard passed away few years ago been storing the thing for a few years,thinking $250 with cover($50 cover) heading to watertown tomorrow morning,no pics yet still under wraps

huntinforfish

Founding Member
Founding Member
Very nice Cap. If I remember right, there was a couple guys that were posting on hear last fall/early winter looking for tips and pointers about getting into ice fishing. Someone more savvy than me could likely find those threads too.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bought a FL-18 when I was 21 years old and used it a lot. I thought it was losing brightness so I sent it in to Vexilar. They said it was just dirty on the inside and cleaned it up good as can be. I will toss that in as well, because it just sits on the shelf next to the new Garmin stuff. So, old beat up Frabill and a Vexilar FL-18 to a person that really wants to ice fish that may be in a financial bind.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 162
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76