Steak Time!

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm telling you, I've had some fantastically delicious steaks come off the Foreman grill. A person may want to rotate it about halfway through to make sure it's evenly cooked, but that's the only downside I've noticed.

Well, they aren't very fun to clean either, but that's a different problem.

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
I do have to say MossyMO, I can't tell the difference with the new Tatonka Dust, even raw it seems to taste the same to me. I hope you never run out again, that was a long two year wait!

Here's one of my favorite things to make presentation-wise. Pork crown roast.

IMG_2616.jpg

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
looks like mossy uses a small cast iron grill grate on his weber ,goives said steak nice lines,I BOUGHT A 13" cast iron grate for my smokey joe,steaks n burgers but came across a 13" cast aluminum grate that gets searing hot over the coals,way better than the cast iron grate,sear steak then wrap in foil for 10 mins once both sides are seared good,,thought about the cast iron skillet deal but to much fucking around,hell knock the horns off wipe its ass and runner across the grill is the way I like my beef,sometimes a good vetenarian could bring beef steak back to life

- - - Updated - - -

looks like mossy uses a small cast iron grill grate on his weber ,gives said steak nice lines,I BOUGHT A 13" cast iron grate for my smokey joe,steaks n burgers but came across a 13" cast aluminum grate that gets searing hot over the coals,way better than the cast iron grate,sear steak then wrap in foil for 10 mins once both sides are seared good,,thought about the cast iron skillet deal but to much fucking around,hell knock the horns off wipe its ass and runner across the grill is the way I like my beef,sometimes a good vetenarian could bring beef steak back to life

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
I started doing a reverse sear, oven at 240-260°F, put cast iron skillet in on a separate rack. Put the steak on a cookie cooling rack over a pan. S&P works for me. Bring it up to 90°F with a probe, pull the skillet and put it on the range med high, a little beef tallow. Sear each side for 2 minutes, tent for 90 seconds, consume. the recipe maker claims it is for thicker steak and not as effective on thinner, but my 3/4" one made me tummy smile.

I don't like taking cast iron too high, mine seem to lose the flat bottom from it and then they are tougher to use, ruined if that shithead googel is correct.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
You queers are doing it all wrong. A good ribeye must be prepared, cooked, and consumed after a good drink, or 2, a salad bar, and thirty plus minutes of conversation with some good friends.
then season consistently, grill at 500-550 for 5 minutes per side(1 inch cut) rotation at 2:30 minutes to create the checkered look on the medium rare slice of pure heaven. Serve on a hot plate that was also on the grill at 500+ degrees, and enjoy.
occasionally add more prep time(another cocktail). This will save a marriage, close a deal, or convince a buddy to wash your truck.
Use care when using this new found power, it also comes with great responsibility

Last edited:

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
You queers are doing it all wrong. A good ribeye must be prepared, cooked, and consumed after a good drink, or 2, a salad bar, and thirty plus minutes of conversation with some good friends.
then season consistently, grill at 500-550 for 5 minutes per side(1 inch cut) rotation at 2:30 minutes to create the checkered look on the medium rare slice of pure heaven. Serve on a hot plate that was also on the grill at 500+ degrees, and enjoy.
occasionally add more prep time(another cocktail). This will save a marriage, close a deal, or convince a buddy to wash your truck.
Use care when using this new found power, it also comes with great responsibility

Can't be opening the grill every 2.5min on a 10min cook time. By the way, steaks only get flipped once you dolt.

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member

not resting meat and served on a hot plate? You a line cook at Applebee’s?

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know if you ever make it out of little Minneapolis and want a flavorful steak, a strong drink, and a dirty crack whore in the am. Look me up, I at the minimum will get you a ride home, and a full house

Last edited:

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Turned, not flipped you fuck

I have literally fed over a thousand paying customers, with less than 2% complaints

The grill top/cover should only open once for a single flip. Consistent cooking temps rule the day.

There's an enormous percentage of the general population that doesn't know a mediocre steak from a great one.

Last edited:

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I often flip mine 5-6 times. Not sure who the “flip only once” zealot was who came up with that BS.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
The grill top/cover should only open once for a single flip. Consistent cooking temps rule the day.

There's an enormous percentage of the general population that doesn't know a mediocre steak from a great one.

And you must be one of them.
your best bet is to travel west, enjoy your day, and show up when I am slaying the ribeye steaks.
I will even buy your whiskey. If there is one thing that makes me happy, it’s a blue ribbon ribeye, and sharing it with a fellow ND’r

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sometimes the grill temp, etc allows it and some times it don’t. For instance... grilling 5-6 steaks on an uneven crappy grill at a relatives.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I often flip mine 5-6 times. Not sure who the “flip only once” zealot was who came up with that BS.

That'd earn you more finger-slaps than grabbing the boat windshield does.

The "Flip Once" is about getting/keeping the temp right, every time.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
That'd earn you more finger-slaps than grabbing the boat windshield does.

The "Flip Once" is about getting/keeping the temp right, every time.

Wrong

- - - Updated - - -

a flip and a turn of course are hugely different. Of course a lid on a grill is like an oven cook. Maybe this apple restaurant that has been mentioned, and a backyard griller with second hand abilities should queerly get a beach house together, and purchase some puppies.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
3” thick.

111BDB40-B331-4040-B675-30F39803F634.jpg

B1F5528C-2FE4-4832-80D3-53E0344BECC3.jpg

1.5” thick.

CA9F7B76-A1EB-47F0-B052-12D84C56FE9A.jpg

40853379-F113-4C93-8167-99178032B0B6.jpg

Damned few come anywhere close.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA