Steak Time!

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
It’s hard to climb the ladder to heaven with your hands full of meat.

It's not up to me, and no amount of effort or climbing will get me there on my own. If I'm invited, I won't need a ladder, I'll be lifted up.

You should probably get yourself a great big extension ladder so you get get out onto the ice-floe and catch a fish for dinner.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
We all are with Joe and camel toe in the big house ;:;rofl..............................oh wait they are just the puppets. Going to be interesting to actually see who really is running the show.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
See fellas, If you’re good on Friday the Meatster Bunny will leave beef in your underwear drawer Saturday morning. Pretty sure it’s in the Bible but I haven’t opened one in years (I am Catholic after all).

E3C74AB5-D4EB-40B1-9028-155BFE10AFAC.jpg

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Grilling season at the club again, I will be burning em this Thursday. Love this time of year.

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've been crushing at least one ribeye a week with my boys preferring top sirloin. My 10 year old son could eat steak almost every day if he could.

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Todays beef prices has me hittin chicken mostly,even chicken is up there in price per lb,or a "chuck-eye" steak iffin the urge for beef hits me.

Soon a diet of mac-n-cheese as these meat prices keep climbing is in the future for ole snow.

Last edited:

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Between my wife and I we shot 7 deer last fall. We have lots of sausage, stew meat and roast to cut into steaks. and butched 2 big hogs last fall. Still have lots of pork chops and ham and roasts. We had the trim ground into patty sausage. I have been buying ground beef from a guy for 3.25 a lb and we have over 100 lbs right now. We have 3 full freezers that could last us for a long time. I dont see meat prices going down anytime soon.

I have been thinking about getting 5 or 6 feeder pigs. The price of feed has increased over twice as much as last yr. It takes roughly 10 bushels of feed to fatten a hog up.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Been getting the Prime sirloins from Sams lately and they have been dam good at only $9.99/#. Tried some prime ribeyes at $16/# the other day just to try it and man some of the best steak I have ever made. Been seasoning them with Kinders Prime Rib and nothing else comes close.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sis ended up yakking so much I missed the deadline for ordering dinner tonight. DAMNIT, and I was hungry. Ended up getting her leftover leftover egg rolls for a late night snack. Not bad, not bad at all. Every now and then we need to slip out of our regularity.

Last edited:

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Since meat prices have been sky rocketing I've been kicking around the idea of getting a couple bull calves to fatten and butcher. Anyone done this and is it worth it or is it just as cost effective to find a producer willing to sell whole or half beef? I've got enough acreage I'd think a guy could fatten a couple steers on easy enough.

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Been getting the Prime sirloins from Sams lately and they have been dam good at only $9.99/#. Tried some prime ribeyes at $16/# the other day just to try it and man some of the best steak I have ever made. Been seasoning them with Kinders Prime Rib and nothing else comes close.

Geez MM,prime ribeye for $16/lb,lucky man,my local shop $30/lb,last year $6.99/lb our choice ribeyes are $16.99/lb,might give a prime sirloin a whirl.

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Since meat prices have been sky rocketing I've been kicking around the idea of getting a couple bull calves to fatten and butcher. Anyone done this and is it worth it or is it just as cost effective to find a producer willing to sell whole or half beef? I've got enough acreage I'd think a guy could fatten a couple steers on easy enough.

The bad thing about fatting up a steer is it take 14 to 15 month to get them up to butcher size. Where a hog takes about 5 months. I put the feed to Hog hard for the whole time and finish them off with apples and plums and sweet corn for the last month. It is the best pork I have ever made.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75