Ice reports?

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Was running a combine this past week and small pockets of water that was no more than 6-8 inches deep had ice thickness of 2-3 inches. Hardly enough to walk on when the water will be deeper. No fish is worth your life. Some like to be the first on the ice. I have no interest in being the first through the ice. Be careful.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMG_20191108_171945.jpg. Even dl is locking up completely depressing. Earliest ever. Watch it snow so damn bad u can't get on the ice for 90% of the season. Flare the oil wells burn the coal. Mini ice age started out the same way. Ak was warm until she went full on

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Bit depressing don't you think Short? Looking at the next 2 weeks anyway...warm up coming after the next 2 days. Guessing lotta guys gonna get their boats out!

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
I shore fished at the National Guard camp and Fort Stevenson yesterday afternoon. No fish :(, but there was a couple boats out.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I shore fished at the National Guard camp and Fort Stevenson yesterday afternoon. No fish :(, but there was a couple boats out.

Nice, if I didn't have to store my boat out of town, would have gone out yesterday...it was sure nice! Might be weeks before we have good fishable ice!

Jm1986

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nice, if I didn't have to store my boat out of town, would have gone out yesterday...it was sure nice! Might be weeks before we have good fishable ice!

Agreed! Looking at the 14 day forecast it might not be until 1st or second week of December before good solid fishable ice. I hope I'm wrong

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Agreed! Looking at the 14 day forecast it might not be until 1st or second week of December before good solid fishable ice. I hope I'm wrong

ya me to January or February would be better yet

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member

Yup...hate the transition time between open water and ice up...I don't hunt...the time just drags!

Trey5150

Went to landing 3 at darling this morning. 4 inches thick from shore to about 100 yards out. Pretty thin after that. Fished about 50 yards out for a few hours, no takers. The wind started to pick up and the ice started popping a lot so we called it.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Went to landing 3 at darling this morning. 4 inches thick from shore to about 100 yards out. Pretty thin after that. Fished about 50 yards out for a few hours, no takers. The wind started to pick up and the ice started popping a lot so we called it.

Anyone out off the Spillway ramp?

AaronJ

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had the boat out on Devils Lake Saturday. Pushed a lot of ice. May try it again this coming weekend if I am able (unlikely though). Most all feeder lakes are locked up but I haven't heard thickness reports.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Deer hunted Friday by a big body of water. I've never seen it locked up during deer opener before. Even really cold years, it still stays open.

It was completely locked up from shore to shore. I was amazed.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Temps fluctuating so much not great for making good ice tho...5 degrees one night...30 degrees the next night...crazy temps!

Fisherman25

Founding Member
Founding Member
Temps fluctuating so much not great for making good ice tho...5 degrees one night...30 degrees the next night...crazy temps!

The thing is, this time of year even when the temps get above freezing it’s only for a few hours. At the ice it really doesn’t even get above freezing. As long as it gets in the low 20’s or teens at night, it makes ice. We’re making about an inch every 24 hours right now.

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
The thing is, this time of year even when the temps get above freezing it’s only for a few hours. At the ice it really doesn’t even get above freezing. As long as it gets in the low 20’s or teens at night, it makes ice. We’re making about an inch every 24 hours right now.

shhhhhhhh, it’s melting like crazy

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76