Ice reports?

FishSticks

Founding Member
Founding Member
Only the crazies are going out already. I am glad to hear no one has died yet but I have also not seen much as far as fish pics.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Its been single digits up north for several nights in a row now, i would imagine there will be fish able ice this weekend on smaller lakes and protected bays of some bigger lakes. If not there definitively will be by next weekend.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Gotta run to Bismarck tomorrow afternoon...planning to check Audubon bays...see where she's at with ice...will post what I find.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
When testing the ice,make sure you throw the biggest rocks you can lift at the bottom of the boat ramp. :;:smokin ;:;boozer

Weekender

★★★ Legendary Member
People have been fishing Audubon bays and small lakes in the area since last Wednesday already. After this cold I'd assume there's going to be an abundance of safe walking ice. Just take your time and check conditions often.

Probably not the worst idea to wear orange this weekend even while fishing.

Last edited:

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bays on Oahe had ice in them this morning!!

ffjr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Be careful out on the ice! Don't make me come looking for ass under the ice.

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
A friend who lives on Ashtabula took a pic off his deck and Ashtabula was iced over.

Bacon

Founding Member
Founding Member
And it will be in the 40’s the next couple days. I’m sure ice will be real safe. You go first.

Bob

untitled.jpg

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
As much as I love my ice fishing it is still too early for me. There are 4 legged critters that need hunting attention first.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I busted through pheasant hunting last Saturday on an ankle deep creek in the sw corner of ND.
I would personally give it at least 2 more weeks. WTF is the hurry, especially during hunting season

Rugeruser

Gotta run to Bismarck tomorrow afternoon...planning to check Audubon bays...see where she's at with ice...will post what I find.
East end bays are locking up, i was told there is about 1” covering Nelson Bay, he stepped on the ice and the sheet cracked but didn’t break through. Was enough for him to realize it wasn’t worth going any further! However a report came out from the Bureau of Land Reclamation that state’s Audubon will be drawn down through NOV.20th So stay off as the water level decreases

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
How much do they plan to drop Audubon yet? Sak drops all winter, it doesn’t mean you can’t ice fish it.

Audubon has dropped about 2" in the last 5 days, hardly enough to affect ice. Lake is currently at 1,845.94, does anybody know the winter operating level?

Last edited:

Rugeruser

East end bays are locking up, i was told there is about 1” covering Nelson Bay, he stepped on the ice and the sheet cracked but didn’t break through. Was enough for him to realize it wasn’t worth going any further! However a report came out from the Bureau of Land Reclamation that state’s Audubon will be drawn down through NOV.20th So stay off as the water level decreases
https://bismarcktribune.com/news/st...cial&utm_source=facebook_The_Bismarck_Tribune

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 105
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 63
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 55