Ice reports?

Lostlunker

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone have any ice reports for lakes around Bismarck? I'm wondering how thick the ice is out at Lake Harmon, Sweet Briar, or Fish Creek I'm thinking of taking my kids out tomorrow I just want to make sure the ice is thick enough.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sweetbriar had a couple holes that froze over last weekend so I would think you'd be in good shape there as I'd think the shorelines would be 6" or more by now...Crown Butte was in about the same shape so I would think most of those would be similar.

Milo

I was on metigoshe Monday. They have been below 0 for a while. The ice was 12-14" i fished in 18 fow got a crappie and small northern both in about 10min first hole i drilled.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone have any ice reports for lakes around Bismarck? I'm wondering how thick the ice is out at Lake Harmon, Sweet Briar, or Fish Creek I'm thinking of taking my kids out tomorrow I just want to make sure the ice is thick enough.
The lake my mom is on has a half foot or more now and was wide open two weeks ago so should be good to go out that way. keep meaning to hit fishcreek one of these years trout through the ice is a blast!

Milo

Has anyone been around Skunk bay, or Tobacco Gardens? might head that way tomorrow or Monday.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Plan to take my bar out to the boat ramp and chip a hole. We'll see how thick it is soon.

Walked out about 20 yards past the washed up broken stuff and out to the first clear ice. Chipped a hole, and it was only about 4-5". This was right at FY boat ramp.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was thinking bout driving down there tomorrow to check 4 mile bay

Was that you at 4-mile yesterday?

There were guys at Boot Hill yesterday and some out there now.

Meelosh

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Some really sketchy spots on the west end of Lake Brekken. Was walking out with the spud bar and walked out to what I thought was a drilled hole to see what the ice thickness was. Turns out it was just a small open area and when I got close it started cracking and the ice settled a bit. Kinda spooky. Otherwise a good 6” of ice when I got away from that.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
No we couldn’t get down to 4 mile so fished at ft Yates, really slow ended up with 4 eyes

Ya my buddy tried to make it down there and they turned around too. But they said somebody made it out there. They seen them from the HWY when they went south.

How thick was the ice where you were?

Weekender

★★★ Legendary Member
How was the fishing?

Typical Audubon. Did really good some nights, okay other nights. Overall the fish were finicky, watched tons of fish come by on the camera and just look at the various assortments of bait. Bite window seems earlier this year, hottest time seems like its 4:30-4:50.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Typical Audubon. Did really good some nights, okay other nights. Overall the fish were finicky, watched tons of fish come by on the camera and just look at the various assortments of bait. Bite window seems earlier this year, hottest time seems like its 4:30-4:50.

Last Saturday they turned on about 5...was crazy for about 45 minutes. Just like how easy it is to get on Audubon...most days you can pick up a few fish and not spend hours getting out.

Bonzo27

Anyone been on any lakes west of Valley City? Specifically Fox? I was thinking about taking my dad there this weekend.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 102
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 77
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 66