massive migration under way~

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
in central south dakota where I was scouting last week,pheasant #'s way down over 70% but i'd guess crops still standing(90% up) has alot to do with it migration.jpg

ndherm

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oops, I thought this was about the southern border...

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
There were a bunch in Yates on Sat. and Sunday. I pass shot my limit on Sunday. Perfect weather!! I was in the path in a tree belt, and it only took a couple of calls to get them to come right over. Only problem was I was too covered and they were right over me when I shot. Blasted and blasted the ole 10 gauge, now I'm sore all over upper body!

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
sounds like alot of fun,in my old age pass shooting is my fortate,been a few years since I dusted off my 10'er but love watching the birds fold way up.

There were a bunch in Yates on Sat. and Sunday. I pass shot my limit on Sunday. Perfect weather!! I was in the path in a tree belt, and it only took a couple of calls to get them to come right over. Only problem was I was too covered and they were right over me when I shot. Blasted and blasted the ole 10 gauge, now I'm sore all over upper body!

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
LOL there's nothing like a huge goose folding up then smacking the ground, especially in the fresh snow. If the T-shot didn't kill'em, the fall did. MF'ers bounce 5 feet up.

Bauer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone up north seeing any canadas moving this way? We sure seem to be lacking in that department so far this year. Heard of someone in the riverdale area yesterday that didnt hardly see a bird. There are a few in my area on the north side of the lake but not like there should be. The snows are all but gone here finally.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Or spilt open on frozen ground
LOL there's nothing like a huge goose folding up then smacking the ground, especially in the fresh snow. If the T-shot didn't kill'em, the fall did. MF'ers bounce 5 feet up.

- - - Updated - - -

I've got a couple 5 paks of hevi shot "pig loads" 2 giant balls of hevi shot material rather than steel,guys from texas love this load for feral hogs they shoot from choppers rolls the some beeches on a dead run,figured would do the same for high flyers(big honkers)

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
pups (swamp collies) had a great time,my old age hunting killing is secondary,love watching my pup in the field,brother n sister...buddy picked up the female they worked great together.

duce n clover.jpg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 164
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79