Need a tonneau cover

Hammer

Just bought a new pickup a couple weeks ago and need to put a tonneau cover on it. Im looking for a soft top. Trying to keep it under $400. What are you guys happy with? Anything I should avoid?

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Got an Access brand cover on my F-150 and the wife's Honda Ridgeline...never had any issues with either.

Bauer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ive used the Truxedo brand for my last 2 vehicles with no complaints! My only complaint with it is there is a latch on each side of the tailgate you have to flip to release it vs one pull rope on most others, but its a solid 100+ dollars cheaper than the others. The tarp and Velcro are as good of quality as the others ive seen on my buddies trucks if not better.

Ruddy Duck

Honored Member
What kind of truck? I just put one of those fas-top topers on mine and have a gatorback cover I am looking to sell, mine is an f-250 6.75ft. box.

Wrkn2hunt

Founding Member
Founding Member
Go to Realtruck.com and order. I believe based out of Fargo or Jamestown. Very helpful and I believe I bought a American EZ roll. Looks and works like a truxedo but I paid $239 and its an excellent cover.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have had Access Covers for many many years and no complaints. Made in Jimtown, ND and work very well. If you have problems they aren't very far away.

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
About 2 months ago I bought a cover from Bismarck Canvas which is just east of Bismarck. It cost $289 plus tax. They advertised a special on the radio, I am not sure whether that price is still available. This is my first cover so not an expert but I had a couple buddies look it over and they thought it looked good. Make sure you are aware of the 2 brackets that hold it in place when rolled up so you can decide if they will be OK for you. I like it so far and thought that was a good price.

sdwxman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have one for a 2009-2018 Crew Cab for sale.

thriller1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bought my Ram brand new and it came with a "Mopar" roll up cover and it was GARBAGE. Installed an Access and I ham very happy with it.

Pheasant 54

★★★ Legendary Member
I have had 3 access covers the first and last have been very good . The middle one , which unfortunately I still have is from 2014 and it is junk, the plastic material they used for the Velcro to attach to is not course enough for it to stay attached if you are driving in the wind.

You have to roll it up in any wind at all, went to where I bought it and complained and was told I was SOL, I would think its an easy fix but I guess not enough people complained

Hammer

Ruddy Duck, I bought a 2019 Chevy Colorado with the short box. Otherwise I'd consider the gatorback.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Have had several Access covers and no problems with any. Usually trade every 4-5 years and did take one from my pickup to the new one and by the end of the second pickup the velcro didn't hold as well. Decided after that "Why buy a new pickup and put a used cover on it."

Do recommend the dust seal kit with this topper. Properly installed you will have very little dust in your box. Without it on gravel roads, especially dry dusty roads you might as well not have a cover.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
They can sew new velcro on your tarp if that is a problem you are having. Had a buddy a he had them do this to his. Now that was 15-20 years ago but would imagine it could still be done. Back then they never charged him anything to do it but guessing you would have to pay something nowadays. Would think any of the tarp places that the Schmeichel brothers own would be able to do that.

GSP22366

Have had several brands, Access has been hands down the best. Well worth the extra cost.

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do recommend the dust seal kit with this topper. Properly installed you will have very little dust in your box. Without it on gravel roads, especially dry dusty roads you might as well not have a cover.

How dare you call that floppy piece of canvas a topper. For shame.

thepoolguy

I had a lund for 2 years. Dont buy one of those. Corner brackets break non stop. The j channel they use make it impossible to roll up. And the vinyl does not like our winter. I took it off and put an access on.

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
I also just put the Fas-top from Bismarck Canvas on my truck. Seems to be a pretty good cover. The cool is that they make a canvas topper that connects to the same rails as the cover so you can have both.

https://www.fas-top.com

Wirehair

Founding Member
Founding Member
Access for me as well. Had one on a previous truck that the velcro started to come loose after about 2 years. Contacted customer support and received a replacement cover, no questions asked. Great product as well as customer support.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 134
  • This month: 118
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75