Aqua-Vu Micro

Ss34ever

Anyone using the Aqua-Vu micro cameras? I'm looking at buying one, any info appreciated, thank you.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was really thinking about getting one a while back, then had this weird paranoia I'd lose it down the hole. So for about the same amount of money, I sprang for the Aqua Vu AV715C. I like that his a much longer battery life, and is bigger. Not a run-and-gun option, but it works for setting up and watching the lines, which the kiddos love.

I have seen some outfits that actually mount the Micro to your flasher, which would eliminate that whole "drop down the hole" fear. Might be an option for a dedicated hole hopper.

Walleyedevil

I've had one for a few season. They work fine for a quick look at bottom composition and identifying what species of fish that are in the water. The only downfall with the small size is winding and unwinding the cord. The spool is pretty small and deploying the camera takes some time to get her down. Otherwise, it does the job. Primarily used for ice fishing.

eseamands

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've been using it for two years. I've been a bit less than impressed. Both seasons the camera has malfunctioned and needed to be replaced for some reason. The small diameter of the cord makes it a bit difficult to pan with any precision and the small screen is a bit difficult to see if there's too much sunlight.

I did buy the attachment to position it directly above my Vexilar, which eliminates the worry about it going down the hole.

I'm likely going to upgrade to a bigger camera that pans better.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 106
  • This month: 100
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 66